GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one of these for their trucks?? I've always used other parts but this seems pretty nice since it maintains everything from the factory without adding extra parts. Any input is greatly appreciated as my avic-8000nex will be here Monday.
Thanks
--Josh

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got one and love it! Had the PAC-Audio RP5-GM31 and it wasn't bad, but just replaced it last week when I upgraded to a Kenwood DNX-891HD. When you get your AVIC-8000NEX make sure you upgrade the firmware so it is compatible with the Maestro as I looked at that model before settling on the Kenwood. I really like the on screen data and especially the back up sensors. It is also much easier to update and load steering wheel controls because it is web based instead of messing with a programming button on the RP5. Also get to retain all of the factory features if needed including XM. The only "issue" I have is it does add quite a bit more bulk behind the dash than the RP5 (and I did not even hook up the speaker wires because I do not have Bose and use RCAs to my amp), but it still all fits. Part of that is the wiring of the 891HD also. I may take defrost vent off and try to clean it up a bit if I get some time. Overall, well worth the upgrade to the Maestro vs the RP5-GM31 if you can utilize the data component.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts