GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to lower my truck instead of putting a lift kit on it. I think that it will look better lowered than lifted. Then I am goin to put some new rims on it. So it will come out lookin clean. Then I am goin to put a cal hood or a ram air. Then me and my dad are goin to buy me a system.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
id buy my kit and wheels :read: :evillol:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Lowering Rocks! :rocking:

I may have only gone 2" in the rear, but it still gets noticed (and looks good)...I had a guy just today ask me how I got my truck low...I was like...just 2" drop shackles...very simple mod :read:

·
Registered
299 Posts
i still dont understand how 15 year olds can afford slammed trucks with rims off the bat and all this hoplah...... :nono:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
BouncinsoulAFI said:
i still dont understand how 15 year olds can afford slammed trucks with rims off the bat and all this hoplah...... :nono:
No offense...but 15 year olds can't afford this (most of the time)...their parents buy it for them...

I go to school on the richer side of town and there are 16 year olds here fresh out of driving school driving Denalis, Lexuses, BMWs, etc. etc. ($50k+ autos). Hell, I would love it if someone bought me a brand new Escalade, but I think they are missing a certain satisfaction sometimes that the truck/car they buy is theirs and they earned it :read:

Again...like I said...no offense is meant toward brutus...sometimes I just wish my dad could buy me a $50k car...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
lowering :rocking:

If it were me, id do a 3/5 drop and get 20s or 22s.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
since we're diggin in daddy's pockets, just get him to buy you 'bags. :read:
:word: thats what i would do if i had a 2WD

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
lowered people can hop curbs 2. Just not very high curbs, 1 inch at the most :anitoof:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
since we're diggin in daddy's pockets, just get him to buy you 'bags. :read:
:rolleyes: What does that really matter in the end? it doesn't change anybody elses life, so why worry about how he pays for his truck? As long as its legal who cares :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
it does matter......... some people work there ass's off just to live and get buy and still build a nice truck, while others go home ask there dad, and he buys it for gettin all B's and a C on there last report card. i feel thats kinda lame. Im not sayin a lil help isnt bad. but when 15 years olds are rollin on bagged trucks with 20's...there obviously gettin whatever the hell they want

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
You could go 2/4 or 3/5 but you'll eventually want to go lower! I have a 3/5 now and would like to go lower but I'm going to wait and get bags.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
i no that im gunna dig in my parents pockets to buy a few things... cough supercharger cough :anitoof:

but ill pay for everything else, thats why i got a job last october so i can save up

·
Registered
356 Posts
i'm 17 now and i have a 2002 silveardo ext cab and i got it when i got my license at 16. BELEIVE me i have paid for every single mod on my truck and the truck itself. I have paid off the loan my grandma gave me. the truck is paid for, with my hard earned money from working 6 days a week at macy*s. I have only had two weekends off while working there. I have paid at least 10Gs+ on mods and i have never spent my dads money on this. i have a sick system, bags, and other stuff. i'm just saying they're still some ppl that work for what they have. i work really hard for my stuff and my gf and friends really see that and say, doughboy goes out and gets what he wants. i'm just trying to say some ppl still work to get what they want even at this early of an age.

oh and beleive me i get pissed off when i see other kids cars that they didnt work for. like the Lexus SUVs, BMs, and Benz's and that one kid on chrome dubs and he thinks he's the sh*t it makes me laugh how they all think they're the sh*t but i guess thats how almost every person feels driving a $50K car at that age, while everyone else drives a 10K import.

its all good, i'm riding on bags :drool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts