GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wish I did Cody's mom...However, I did detail her Porsche Carrera4 S!
I have a bunch of pics so bear with me on a few different posts...

PorscheCarrera4S001.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S002.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S004.jpg

For those that tried my theory of hanging a BMW emblem from your fly to get laid more - if that didn't work try this
PorscheCarrera4S005.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S006.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S007.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S008.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S009.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S010.jpg

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PorscheCarrera4S011.jpg

Yes, it's a reflexion
PorscheCarrera4S012.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S013.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S016.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S025.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S026.jpg

My truck hasn't been washed in over a month, I have no clue how it got a reflection
PorscheCarrera4S027.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S029.jpg

PorscheCarrera4S032.jpg

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I think that's enough pics to show how it came out....:rocking:

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed:drool:

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those who want to know how hard I did Cody's mo....ok nevermind - for those who want to know how I went about the car here's what I did:

Started it off with a "basic" clay bar - it took about 2 hours, it had a bunch of random crap on it. Cleaned that up. Worked on tires and wheels. I used PB's spray and gloss on the wheels, which I have found out works nicely. I left the damn Optimum tire spray at home... so I went with the NoTouch spray.
Used PB's Polish w/ Sealant over the car. Worked that in for a little bit. Then topped of the paint with Natty's Blue. Buffed that off, and almost pissed my self with how nicely it came out.
I went through the interior, which didn't need much. Conditioned the leather and what not. Did a final wipe down and then cleaned the glass with PB's Quick Detailer, which is now my favorite thing to use on glass.
And once again, everything was done by hand...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great! Its always rewarding to work on a finish thats free of orange peel. My Tahoe looks like one big orange:bawl:

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great! Its always rewarding to work on a finish thats free of orange peel. My Tahoe looks like one big orange:bawl:
Thanks dude. It definitely feels good to see a nice outcome. There are plenty of threads on here that you could use to help out on your Tahoe if your interested in it. Feel free to ask away, there are TONS of great guys on here that could help out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are plenty of threads on here that you could use to help out on your Tahoe if your interested in it. Feel free to ask away, there are TONS of great guys on here that could help out.
Thanks!! I lack the experience to start wetsanding on the best vehicle we own. Time and money is the biggest factor. I dont even have any audio gear in it yet. That will be my next project.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice work!
Thanks dude

Thanks!! I lack the experience to start wetsanding on the best vehicle we own. Time and money is the biggest factor. I dont even have any audio gear in it yet. That will be my next project.
Experience helps, but it's something that can be picked up easily if you stick to basics. Time/Money is definitely a huge factor... Claying is a lot easier then what it seems to be, there's a sticky on it if you wanted to read up on it. There's also plenty of products out there, cost efficient, that can help out a lot. Like I mentioned, post up a thread and ask away, you'll get plenty of responses.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Experience helps, but it's something that can be picked up easily if you stick to basics. Time/Money is definitely a huge factor... Claying is a lot easier then what it seems to be, there's a sticky on it if you wanted to read up on it. There's also plenty of products out there, cost efficient, that can help out a lot. Like I mentioned, post up a thread and ask away, you'll get plenty of responses.
lol I think theres a misunderstanding. I got into detailing about a year ago and its quite an obsession. My typical wash consists of ONR, clay then polish if needed and wax. Wetsanding is the only way I know of to remove orange peel and from what I understand it is very time consuming. I love detailing clay!! No matter how hard a person trys, eventually you'll drop it.:nono:

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn, my bad dude. I'm sorry. The other day I was talking to someone about using a clay bar, and they had it confused with wetsanding, I guess I just assumed. My bad dude.

Btw, I know what you mean about dropping the clay... I did it twice while working on the car. That's why I just grab chunks of it at a time rather then use the whole thing, due to me always dropping it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No prob. Yeah, I learned early on about dividing up a bar. Usually get a 200g bar and use however much I need for the deatail. Definitely like this site (it loads much quicker than FSC)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts