GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I may live in Canada, but i'm not Canadian from birth.
I come from a country that has more history than most countries in the world.
We invented the modern world even yours.
We have fought our neighbours for 700 years and won our codependence.
Most of your Presidents want to have a birth connection with my country.
We don't have passports, we have accents.

Can you guess?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Hahaha you're cute!

All I wanted to do FROM THE start was explain what my experiences were, I bet everybody's are different.
I was of the belief that Americans are truly proud of what they produce and so is my country, SCOTLAND,and if you guys produce something, it always came with clear instructions especially if it's expensive, so did we.
Are you telling me that is no longer the norm, cause if that's so, then what the heck happened, what changed, it was a fact that years ago the producers of American goods were known worldwide for their vast knowledge of their product. Are you telling that's gone?

If my belief in the modern day American product knowledge, customer help and outstanding support are still around in today's American companies is wrong, then I guess I'm 50 ply now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I don't care about your personal insults, you have me confused with someone that gives a shit about that.
What I do care about, even if I have to start from scratch and work on this rim again is the knowledge you gave me that the company should have if it's so basic in polishing rims.
Now I have something I can work on, something i can fix,
I can eventually work hard and with lots of sanding hopefully fix my rims, still a very very messy job, but at least I can fix my rims and move on in a few weeks, it takes decades to fix a fragile ego like yours.

Go back and work on your truck, I'm done!

·
Super Moderator
5,514 Posts
I don't care about your personal insults, you have me confused with someone that gives a shit about that.
What I do care about, even if I have to start from scratch and work on this rim again is the knowledge you gave me that the company should have if it's so basic in polishing rims.
Now I have something I can work on, something i can fix,
I can eventually work hard and with lots of sanding hopefully fix my rims, still a very very messy job, but at least I can fix my rims and move on in a few weeks, it takes decades to fix a fragile ego like yours.

Go back and work on your truck, I'm done!
Kind of sad that polishing out a single wheel is "hard work". Also I'm a sarcastic ass hole on and off the internet, not too worried about my ego

·
The great white Canadian
1,518 Posts
You'd think someone with the screen name Rim Freak would know how to polish wheels, regardless of the product or manufacturer. I've never used their products, but I've heard good things. Watched a few you tube videos, doesn't seem that hard.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,410 Posts
You'd think someone with the screen name Rim Freak would know how to polish wheels, regardless of the product or manufacturer. I've never used their products, but I've heard good things. Watched a few you tube videos, doesn't seem that hard.
You would assume that but basically he just grouped his whole country in with him at not knowing anything or doing research.

Apparently it's standard practice to sandblast things before polishing there.

He is a cuck.

·
The great white Canadian
1,518 Posts
You would assume that but basically he just grouped his whole country in with him at not knowing anything or doing research.

Apparently it's standard practice to sandblast things before polishing there.

He is a cuck.
He's probably from Alberta. They're the Canuckian version of your nephison states.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Can you post a pic of the wheel that you’ve worked on and one that you haven’t touched yet? You say little black spots that won’t go away. That’s probably the polish, which turns black as it polishes the aluminum, getting stuck in the porous surface of the wheel after having it blasted.

these guys are right, having the wheel blasted created a lot of extra work for you. You’ve probably ruined it.

The polish company isn’t responsible for telling you what not to do. They tell you how to use their product, which in this case has nothing to do with media blasting. Do you blame the blaster for not telling you you shouldn’t have blasted a wheel you wanted to polish? So stop blaming others for your mistake. A mistake you could have avoided with about 30 minutes of on the internet before starting something you had no idea how to do.

you’ve got two choices. Sand the shit out of this wheel to get the blasting pores out, or junk it and try to find another matching wheel that isn’t fucked. Unless these are some ultra rare and desirable wheels, that’s probably the way I’d go.

chalk it up as a life lesson.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,945 Posts
Fuck me just when I think I'm done with this forum I stumble across a gem like this and it sucks me right back in.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts