GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I was wondering what I should use on my wheels. Some people have said I shouldnt use it on my Forged rims. and some have said it will work great. anyway what polish do you guys think I should use when I do it?
any techniques I should try?

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
are they clear coated? If not then you are good to go. I've had good luck with Wenol polishes, but I'm curious to see how the mothers polish works that they sell. The power metal or whatever.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
The mothers mag and aluminum polish worked awesome on my stock wheels, pulled all the mag chloride off and cleaned them up really well...the powerball also works nicely on plastic.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
oh, they are chrome? I figured they were aluminum.... What kind of shape are they in? Pitting, discoloration? Chrome is tougher to correct major defects. I've always had good luck with stuff like mothers chrome polish, cause you have to be pretty much of a tard to let chrome get tooooo fucked up.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, they are chrome? I figured they were aluminum.... What kind of shape are they in? Pitting, discoloration? Chrome is tougher to correct major defects. I've always had good luck with stuff like mothers chrome polish, cause you have to be pretty much of a tard to let chrome get tooooo fucked up.
I guess. it says they have a five year chrome warranty. they arent in bad shape at all. just some minor spots from salt off the roads.:insane:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have used the power metal or what ever they call it w/ my powerball. It worked great on my toolbox I have on my truck. I do have one suggestion though, don't use a battery powered drill. You will run the battery down in about 10-20 min. use an electric drill that will have a constant power source. Other than that mine works great!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey, I was just wondering. When you use the powerball mini to polish your wheels, doesn't it fling wax all over the place or is it pretty neat? Should you use it before using any tire products?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts