GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
QuadraSteernado
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20110525_090758.jpg

So what paint out there best matches the nbs grey interior.

So tired of looking at this spot

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
:blah: My 03 had a similar spot on the other side of the grab handle.

I'm sure SEM has something to match, but I wonder how it would affect the surrounding area, if it would peel it more.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I used clear nail polish to stop mine from peeling above my gauges. That spot is too far gone needs paint.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,533 Posts
When my truck was in the shop, i asked my body guy if he could touch up a spot on my dash pad where my GPS rubbed into.. he said he had a "guy"

This motherfucker was an ARTIST. He rolls up in a minivan loaded with 80 million little bottles of paint and an airbrush system. He specialized in leather seat repair and vinyl touchups.

Holy god almighty was I impressed at the job he did. You never can tell. Look up leather/vinyl repair guys locally and give one a shout. You might be surprised!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have the pewter interior I think its code 921 and the sem paint "15883 med neutral" is almost a perfect match. The local paint store had the chip card and let me take it out to my truck and match up the color.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
When my truck was in the shop, i asked my body guy if he could touch up a spot on my dash pad where my GPS rubbed into.. he said he had a "guy"

This motherfucker was an ARTIST. He rolls up in a minivan loaded with 80 million little bottles of paint and an airbrush system. He specialized in leather seat repair and vinyl touchups.

Holy god almighty was I impressed at the job he did. You never can tell. Look up leather/vinyl repair guys locally and give one a shout. You might be surprised!
Was it a Dr. Vinyl by any chance? There's one about an hour from me I've been planning to call, there is a spot on my wife's Infiniti door panel that bugs the crap out of me, and the leather seats could use a fixing, not a complete tear, but it's pretty badly cracked on the side bolster, not bad for 200k miles though.

If they do a good job on her car, I might let them touch my 89 Mazda :jester: It had pristine seats, burgundy vinyl with cloth inserts, not a tear or rip on them. 2nd week of driving it I went to turn around to look behind me on a 15 degree morning, elbow went right through the vinyl resulting in a 4" tear :flame:, guess the cold and sitting in the sun for 3 years not being driven finally got to it :(.

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Damn, I have that same problem in the exact same spot too! Vinyl repair guy huh?

·
[b]Not Prostreet[/b]
2,541 Posts
Where in texas you at? I may know a couple people or places...

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
hit up some dealerships and talk to the used car dept and see about their recon vendors

just about every dealership has an "interior" guy with all sorts of paints and dyes for all interior colors.. carpet, dash, plastic.. and they can redo the buttons on radios that turn white etc.

·
Built by me
104 Posts
Mine has the same spot:mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts