GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Suffer in Silence
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 OBS with front buckets and center console...I cannot stand it...it sits way too low I am so used to resting my arm on the center console and the armrests are too close. I dont think its useful or comfortable.

Thinking about swapping the whole set up for a 60/40 bench or going the route of rusted_shut over on FSC see pics below

Thoughts?

09 F150 XLT console in his OBS
console1.jpg

console3.jpg

Thanks for the feedback

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I really like that console. Im interested to know if they come in grey and how the mounting brackets have to be fabbed up.

·
Suffer in Silence
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like that console. Im interested to know if they come in grey and how the mounting brackets have to be fabbed up.

They do make it in a gray / dark gray combo that closely matches the interior of a gray OBS
KGrHqRh4E3OFUlTuBOSD7urYg0_12.jpg

as far as mounting rusted_shut did a bucket conversion from a bench tahoe so he never had an original console there but he just has sitting on the floor and he said he hasnt moved since he put there months ago but from the looks of it mounting it would be easy?

consoleinstall12-1.jpg

consoleinstall4.jpg

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Huh....my truck has buckets and a console. Id be interested to know what the bottom of those consoles look like and what type of mounting brackets come on them. Im sure I could make something work...

·
Suffer in Silence
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can sort of see the bottom here...

consoleinstall5.jpg

dont know what the ford factory brackets look like though...ive seen many of these on ebay go for about 125-200 depending on condition but I was going to try and find one locally to avoid shipping if possible...the other great thing is they have a 12v outlet both on the back and inside the storage compartment

·
Registered
81 Posts
raise it higher by mounting on some obs center console or placing some spacers (like 2x4s) underneath it. by raising it still serves its purpose as you like and perhaps it will then meet your need to use as arm rest as well. good luck, rob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts