GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always been into slammin trucks and cars but for some reason lifted trucks are starting to look better and better to me. But I dont even know where or what to begin to look at. Help anyone?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
What I would recomend doing is this

1) Determin what you want to use your truck for, All looks, mud, dunes (sand), rocks etc...???

2) What size tire you want to run

3) How hard you want to play and how much you want to pay

THEN we can help you decide whats best for you

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks/Mud... Tire size? Not sure on that one...big? lol...Not to hard and I cant really say about pay because im not sure AT ALL what we are talkin..

·
6,656 Posts
well you have a half ton truck, I wouldnt recomend running anything bigger than a 36x14.50 on half ton IFS. To clear that ona 2wd you will need at least 10" of lift.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
i have the same set up on my truck and right now i'm running a 6" fabtech susp 3" body and 35's. the front bumper is trimmed some to clear the 35's, but it still rubs inside the fender at full lock. Not gonna be a problem much longer thoguh cuz i'm gonna be puttin on some fiberglass fenders on pretty quick.

·
6,656 Posts
this is a way open ended question that is all based on personal opinion, do some research, find pics of what you want your truck to look like to post, then people here can help you more.

For instance what I consider big and looking good may be totally different than what you do. I think exo cages and 4 links are beautiful, most people think they look like your truck crashed into a jungle gym. :anitoof:

·
6,656 Posts
Sevenfold said:
No, to clear 36's on a 2wd you will need more like 12" of lift or more. They sit a lot lower than 4x4s.

Here is a nice 2wd, 7" Fabtech + a 3" bodylift on 35s...
Why I said at least, give me a sawzall and ill make 36x14.50s fit on 10" but you may not like it :anitoof:

·
6,656 Posts
Tempero said:
What is involved in a "body lift"
A bodylift places 2 or 3" spacers between the frame and body of the vehicle, it gives it more wheel well clearence etc... It does NOT increase ground clearence because the frame and suspension remain in teh stock location. It does however allow you ro run bigger tires, which therefor do give you a small amount more ground clearence. Its basically a cheap option for 3" of lift. (cheap as in about $300 in parts)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
If your not wanting a huge monster and wanna do it semi cheap, I would throw some coil spring spacers on and a BL and some 33"s it would look nice. Shouldn't have a problem with that. I think it would look pretty clean honestly. And it won't hurt your pocket book to bad either.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Tempero said:
Give me some idea on prices here... How is the ride quality affected? Better/Worse?
ride quality can go either way depending on what kinda shox you run. i would recommend going with some bilstein 5100's.....you will definetly like the ride

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I imagine. I have a buddy running 285's on stockers with just spacers. So I think its possible with a offset rim if you had a BL.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant seem to find many pics of a singlecab stepside lifted :/... Still lookin! Throw some prices along with these ideas your giving..

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
2 1/2" coil spacers 88 bones off of eBay. You might can get them cheaper somewhere else. BL like DE said around 300 smackers.
Then whatever tire you want just depends.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts