GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's almost time for these to start shipping! My HD is now running a preproduction version of the complete system. I installed it to check fitment and to see if any other tweeks are needed before the production versions start going out. Everything looks good! I just need to modify one bracket that bolts the scoop to the radiator support. This truck has a set of Flex-a-lite 290 fans so the one of those brackets is in the same location that I would use for this.

The shroud that you see when the hood is opened needs to be removed (about 7 plastic "pop screws"). The scoop draws air from behind the grill . It is sealed to the hood so air passed through it and then fed to the airbox.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove the truck for awhile today. It's definately more responsive than it was before. One thing that I'm really surprized with is it runs a little cooler than before. The guage usually reads just under the 210 mark (maybe about 200?). Today is stayed at the the 1/4 mark which would be about 185 degrees.

I'm going to dig out the old fan shroud to see how it will fit. There shouldn't be a problem because this system sits to the left of it.

·
Cross Into the Blue
356 Posts
ok so gas milage increase? power increase? you got any infor for us? will this thing suck in a lot of water? oh and what if i dont have the stock air tube? i got a k&n.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been driving the truck quiet a bit since I installed the full system. It's seems more responsive and goes through the RPMs a little quicker than with the non-ram air version. It wouldn't say a night and day difference but it does feel better. I forgot to fill up before I towed my boat this weekend so the numbers from that tank won't be valid. The production system has a built in system to drain water if needed. This will allow people to take their trucks offroading without worries of taking in water.

A batch of these systems should have went out on Friday or will be shipping on Tuesday. That will allow us to start taking care of all of the ordres that are in now.

It's recommended that this be connected to the stock air tube. I'm going to see if GM sells them seperate from the induction.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some very good news. A large shipment of King Cobra inductions will be heading this way today. It looks like that will take care of all of the orders that have been submitted to us plus we might have more left for stock! I'm sure those will be going fast!

·
Fat, bald guy.
671 Posts
Any idea on a price? I would like to get one of these for my HD, anything that will improve my MPG..

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The non-ram air version is $239.99 and $339.99 for the full kit. The only discounts available for these are if you place your order on our website. They will save you between $10. - $15.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts