GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wtf ,must be a v6 or have crap for gears
I can light both 35's up with a bad clutch on dry pavement,on wet pavement I have a hell of a time getting going without even trying to spin

·
Registered
253 Posts
wtf ,must be a v6 or have crap for gears
I can light both 35's up with a bad clutch on dry pavement,on wet pavement I have a hell of a time getting going without even trying to spin
nah, he just revved it to high and let the clutch out to slow. easily smokes the clutch :crazy:

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
I saw that, but I don't think that's what it was. I wanna say it was just the smoke passing through the beam of the headlight.:shrug:

I think its fire!

To properly do a power brake in a 5 speed you must 1.rev truck 2.slide foot off clutch onto brake pedal really swiftly 3. enjoy tire smoke!

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Wtf Lol Dipshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that really makes me cringe...saw a good one of a T/A doing the same thing before
My friend did it in his 89 f 150 before. The motor started fuckin winding out and he thought the tires were spinning, I was outside the truck, seeing it wa the clutch. I let him do it for a few seconds before I told him to stop.

To properly do a power brake in a 5 speed you must 1.rev truck 2.slide foot off clutch onto brake pedal really swiftly 3. enjoy tire smoke!
Heel toe IMO

·
Purple people eater
126 Posts
Heel/toe .. the best way to do it. my v6 with 3.08s has no problem spinning the tire with that method

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
dang that sucks, i messed up one of my friends clutch in his prelude once trying to spin em through all 5 gears in the rain. When we stopped you could smell it really bad but it was still driveable. lucky for me he was getting a new performance clutch anyways.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
as Kelso would say, "BURN!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts