GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in the 98 GTP for a grandpa truck! That is what my family calls it, because of the bed cap. The dealer made me an offer on the car without even looking at it that I could not pass up. I know the truck is nothing special and hope to hell it is not another project. I have how ever already removed the 4x4 stickers, bug sheild, LS badge and the excab door molding. Still debating on the cap. I think it will stay for now, but who knows!?

It is an 04 Silver Birch LS 4x4 excab 5.3L 3.73 G80. It has 80k, one owner grandpa with very religious maintenance all highway from ohio to canada. Got it for $12K

I still have 1TrueSS (hopefully some day will be an automatic again) and the 03 Envoy (stock)

·
Registered
218 Posts
looks exactly like my buddy's. Same color ecsb and he bought used with a camper on it too. He was doing a lot of talk about taking the camper off but has yet to do it months later. I've even shown him that those things can sell for $400ish on craigslist and it's still on there.

edit: but his came with a genuine guantanamo bay parking sticker on it. P.O. was in the navy and was able to take it with him down there on the ship or something.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
leave the cap :imo

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
it has potential.

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Auto's are for pussies. Keep the cap BTW.

·
Da turdy point buck
101 Posts
ditch Nerf and bug guard asap.. cap is fine either way.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The six speed is getting old for me! I think! Maybe it is just my tune, but I get tired of driving it around town. I don't know?! I think I am just getting bored with it since I can't spend the money on it like I used to.

Cap is going to stay for now, but it needs to go. Looking for painted handles and I am going to remove the rest of the trim and badging soon.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ya, did I mention that my LS7 clutch feels like it is slipping too! I think I have something wrong in my setup.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and hunting, which is the only reason i have mine on still..plus i have nowhere to store it. Nice truck btw
I don't hunt, but it will be nice in the winter for home projects. I am thinking of building or buying a pulley system for the garage so I can hang it from the ceiling during the summer.
How is the baby doing?
Ella is doing great, thanks for asking! She is six months now and is 28.5 inches long and 18lbs. She is going to be tall. Teeth are coming in too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts