GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to lift my 06 Duramax with 35" rubbers and using a gear calculator it say 4.28 gears would put it back to stock. But since the only choices are 4.10 or 4.56, I am stumped. I do alot of highway driving and off pavement excursions consist of sand, loose dirt, and shallow mud. I think 4.56's would be too much and it seems like alot of money just to go from 3.73 to 4.10. I've had people tell me 3.73 is ok for the D-max. Thoughts?

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
i wouldnt waste the money on regearing, just get you a programmer of some sort...mine has no problem burning 315s down.

·
Truck Nut
169 Posts
I agree with everyone else! I have 35's and no problem with my 3.73's! Next time I do 37's I was going to change! You should be fine without re-gearing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. I was thinking someone would suggest 4.56's and 37's. Maybe down the road a little. I will be more than happy to spend that money on the engine and tranny.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i agree u dnt need to regear for just 35s. but with 37s is when i would just goto 4:56s. just invest in a tuner and the tranny. to get good info on wat tuner and wat tranny mods to do for the power ur wanting to run goto www.dieselplace.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts