GMC Truck Forum banner

I know its been discussed....under coating

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BADRIDES 
#1 ·
Let me know your tricks/tools of the trade. My buddy said to buy a ScotchBrite pad, it ruffs up the metal for a good surface for the under coat to stick too. I will be using the stuff out of a spray can.

#2 ·
why not paint?

#7 ·
I used the Permatex stuff (I think) on my rear wheel wells and on my mustangs wheel wells. The stuff takes 24 hrs to completely dry and its all in the prep work. Make sure you clean it well and scuff it very well. Mine has held up great so far.
last i checked, your mustang hadn't moved in so long the new headlights and corners had had time to haze/yellow up :D

#11 ·
sand it down, clean it up well, and spray it with gloss black. It will look much better.

#12 ·
i've use the 3m stuff and it look good and held up great, make sure to get a paintable one, then shoot it with some satin/gloss paint, i looks damn nice when done. but it's all in the prep like already said, make sure to take it good and make crisp corners so it good when your done...

#16 ·
#17 ·
So pretty much prep it real good by sanding it some but not to much right?Because I still want a rough surface? And I can spray gloss black on afterwards, that should pretty good in the end. And can I sprey undercoat on the the front fender wells ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.