GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im driving around with my gf's sister in the truck and we stop at this light, then 2 lanes down a guy in a ferd ranger "edge" pulls up and gives me a dirty look... so im like fuck you and get my foot on the gas ready for a light... theeeen a new acura TL pulls inbetween us and looks at us... then the light turns green and we all 3 puch it and my truck pulled hard for like 2 seconds, then the tl and edge start pulling ahead, so i look like a dumbass, haha.... then the edge gets stuck behind a car so i go aghead of him and then we hit a red ligth and each went our seperate ways... lol... what do those edge's have in them? ill just pretend i won him since he got stuck behind a car... lol...

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Is urs a five three? I used to work at a ford dealership and drove an edge stick, no power options, i figured they were all like that with four bangers. Jake

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.8... i dont think my launch was good enough.. ;\ yay for people who stay up late! maybe the weight of the truck...

9,778 Posts
Don't see how that edge pulled on ya like that. Definately time for the charger and slicks!

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Ford dot com said:
3.0L V-6 engine with 5-speed manual transmission, or optional 207-HP 4.0L V-6
Those are the two listed under the Ranger Edge. Wouldn't think a Ranger could take a 4.8 :think: but I don't know. The weight thing would be a factor, but he could have had some major performance mods too. Who knows...at least you "won" :D :haha:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Wait...brock do you have an ext. cab? I was thinking 4.8 in a reg cab. You're prolly right 03rado...weight may have been the deciding factor.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep... ex cab... i'll drop a 6.0 and turbo in my truck.... then we'll see who wins, lol...

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
i've heard from a lot of people around here say the 4.8's are just as quick as 5.3's. What is the torque diff in the two? I stay up late, YAY. I peed in your pool, YAY! -Special Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts