GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the CST 7" kit in today along with a 3" body,Rancho 9000's and of coarse lift lips. Also got my 36-12.50-16 TSL Radials today. Just waiting on rims now which should be here next week, Eagle 102's 16x10's. Tires seem real skinny but im sure they will widen out on the rims. They are pretty big so hopefully they fit and atleast dont rub to much if they do rub.

The quality of the cst kit seems top notch. I havent seen other spindles as FFS or Fabtech since I didnt install my last ones, but they are atleast 25-30lbs each I would guess and look STRONG. Perfect welds, perfect powdercoat. So im happy with everything. Just cant wait to install, hopefully the weeked of May 8th I can install.

I dont like the white rancho shocks. [email protected] said something about guys sanding off the paint to bare metal and clear coating them. How well will this hold up with automotive clear? Im worried about rusting if the clear wears off. Not sure if we have a local powder coating place, but if we do I may get them coated in a dark grey if they dont want an arm and a leg to do so. Mainly wanted opinions of if they would hold up if I just cleared them...

IMGP0428.jpg

IMGP0430.jpg

And a couple more pics at http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Aberbaseball7/CST/

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head: Awesome :head:

Those spindles look very tough.They make quality parts

Cant wait to see it all bolted up! Are you gona do it yourself or pay to have it done?

:head:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do it myself. I dont think it should be all that hard. I have installed body lifts by myself so with a little help im sure I can do this. Not that much to do really, so we will see when it comes down to it...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
heres his truck

IMGP0366.jpg

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, that is the truck its going on. And yes I know its 2wd, but this is how I wanted to do it so say what you want.

I may end up re-gearing just not sure yet. After allen sends me my new PCM im going to see how it acts and if it is to sluggish or doesnt pull my sea-doo's well then I will. But this wont see anything but the pavement and will take it easy for sure. Just all for looks, and dont feel like breaking lots of shit if I do give it hell. But that is why I got the CST and bigger ball joints so maybe I wont have any troubles...

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
That looks awesome, but those blocks are huuuuge. I would look into some Deaver's. You have the awesome CST kit, so couple it with Deaver's and your truck will be awesome. I can;t wait to see your truck lifted, I love it!!!!!!!
Evan

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
yup, thats 3.73

kit looks good, you have a tool to compress the coils?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, but since I have to install the upper control arm can I not just disconnect it with a jack underneath and jackstand supporting the truck and lower the jack that is under the UCA to take tension off the coil?

Deavers are a good possibility, but that will have to wait just a bit so I can recoupe some $$$. 5" block, same I ran on my old truck and didnt have any problems and I drove the hell out of it on and off the street so for now it will work. I just hope it clears, and I will be happy.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, any opinions on the shocks? The shock bushings are also red, wonder if autozone would have a set of black ones? I think the bare metal look will be cool and different but I dont want them rusting on me. I mean rust will happen over time, but just dont want it to happen right away. I will also not be running boots on the shocks.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Yeah you can do it that way but I think putting the new ones in would be a bitch, allthough I havnt tried that way so honestly cant say. As far as the shocks go, try it. I sanded and painted my shocks on my trac bars about 6-8 months ago now and just used spray paint, its held up fine. Shocks dont really get beat on so it shouldnt chip off or anything real fast.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually thinking about the coil. I will need the compressor, because when I unbolt the UCA it will be under all the pressure and wouldnt be a good idea. So I will rent one from autozone for sure. And I picked up a pickle fork, and I have plenty of craftsman sockets and wrenches and have an impact gun, impact wrench and stuff. So I think I have everything besides the compressor

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im going to sand down a shock tonight and see how that works out. Ill post pics of it later.

Hopefully if I can get my rims here by next week. So I will install next weekend May 8th-9th. Then get it aligned Monday morning.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Thats gonna be one badass truck when its done man, that CST kit looks strong as hell. Good luck with the install. :head:

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
the install on my OBS 2wd wasn't bad at all. I didn't do spindles, but those are easy compared to the springs. Just be carefull with the spring compressor because it is made for the stock springs which aren't as thick as the new ones so it doesn't hold quite as well. thats the only part about the install i didn't like. everything else went smothely

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I have the same shocks, you will have lots of fun with them, i ran them with the red boots for a day then i cut them off the next day, i think painting them a metallic silver color would look cool and if you start to see rust hit it with rustoleum and just repaint them, the shock should remain fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts