GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a downfiring 2x10 box with at least 6" mounting depth to clear my perfect 10s, must have an amp rack in the middle too. nothing on eBay or subbox.net... help!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
what price range you looking at spending im currently building a fiberglass box for 2 10's but there upfiring to get some more depth

i might be able to build you something if i can get some free time...

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Downfall said:
what price range you looking at spending im currently building a fiberglass box for 2 10's but there upfiring to get some more depth

i might be able to build you something if i can get some free time...
under $200... upfiring would be alright. if i'm going custom i might as well go for a super-wide amp rack to fit a soundstream tarantula (19.5" wide)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
why dont you want a box off ebay? i have seen some decent ones on ebay all you would have to do is seal it off better

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downfall said:
why dont you want a box off ebay? i have seen some decent ones on ebay all you would have to do is seal it off better
all 12s, no 10s. already have the subs, but 2x10 boxes with an amp rack for NSB trucks are rare.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
hmmm i will keep an eye out and go ahead and start on a 2 x 10" box for something to do (im easily bored) and if your still looking when i get it finished we can make a deal

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Downfall said:
hmmm i will keep an eye out and go ahead and start on a 2 x 10" box for something to do (im easily bored) and if your still looking when i get it finished we can make a deal
sounds good. if you cook up something with a 20" wide amp rack you'll have a deal if the price is right. :shake: i want to fit a tarantula badly. those things look and sound so badass.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Downfall said:
so you need more? because you need some room for the magnet to vent or did you add that in?
7 inches would be ideal... don't want them to get hot. these are probably the deepest subs i'll ever use. if i didn't get such a sweet deal on the second perfect i'd probably just have thrown a couple elemental E10Ks in a thunderform.

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Yeah I got a good deal on a couple of Memphis 10" woofers in my MTX box so I went with that. I get all my stuff at competitive audio in Springfield, MO. They do a lot of custom stuff. www.competitiveaudio.com is their website. They have always been real good to me.

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
The mounting depth for 10" Perfects is actually just under 6", like 5 7/8". I made my box with 6" depth, and they fit just perfectly, almost touching, but not.
Mine is downfiring with an amp rack in the middle, but I have a regular cab and it fits behind my seat, which wouldn't really help you I don't guess.
There are some pictures here, maybe it will help with some ideas:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/509936/2

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Downfall said:
glad to see you found sometihng
me too, i've been looking for a 2x10 forever. the 2x12s are plentiful but they want $80 for one + $40 for shipping, i'm getting this one shipped for $20.

·
Registered
343 Posts
good thing you're using low powered subs, becuase that box looks to have no bracing, and only a 3/4" front baffle.

Looks pretty decent for the price, but having seen your skills at painting those handles, ect, I would have thought you could have made a really nice enclosure. Should do the job though.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GMCtrk said:
good thing you're using low powered subs, becuase that box looks to have no bracing, and only a 3/4" front baffle.

Looks pretty decent for the price, but having seen your skills at painting those handles, ect, I would have thought you could have made a really nice enclosure. Should do the job though.
SQ, not SPL. but kappas will make some noise if they need to. painting and boxbuilding are two entirely seperate skills. but thanks for your evaluation.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hov, I like your sig pic there. You should send that in to GMC and write on it: "this is professional grade!" :read: :anitoof:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts