GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got Ford keys in the front and an add-a-leaf in the rear. I like the rear 1" higher than the front empty. I'm running Dick Cepek 33x12.50x17 tires on MotoMetal rims. I'd like a couple more inches of lift to complete the look. My truck is rarely off road. So I don't need anything stronger than stock. I don't need double shocks or anything like that. I don't want to increase the track width like some lifts do. What would you suggest, keeping budget in mind?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 3" inch body lift on my 89 and I don't like that much body lift. If someone made a 2" I might go that route, but not 3". No one that I know of makes a 2" though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know they have 2 inch Bl's. or at least did. There was someone on here or maybe fsc that had a white reg cab with a 2 inch BL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know they have 2 inch Bl's. or at least did. There was someone on here or maybe fsc that had a white reg cab with a 2 inch BL
For 2001?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know his body style was the 99-02 front end so its somewhere between there. I jsut looked all voer and couldn't find one though. Maybe they discontinued it? Honestly, the difference between a 2 inch and 3 inch won't be much.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tis the same just flip your front bumper brackets
Can you elaborate a little more? I know nothing about NNBS trucks. Everything in the kit will work?

BTW, that same kit is much cheaper at Summit. LINK

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
my truck is still a nbs like yours. underside is the same. you can flip your front factory brackets and it will lift your bumper to match the truck. ive even heard (not seen) of guys using the factory hd front brackets for the 2 inch body lift

·
Registered
128 Posts
My kit is a Summit. EXACT same as the PA lift. I've even heard of some people's Summit BL's having PA on the directions.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
spindle lift

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spindle lift
Doesn't a spindle lift increase the track width?

So what suspension lift kits should I consider without going to tall. I will not be going with any larger than 33" tires, since this truck is used on the road mostly.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've read through pages and pages of searching this morning and cannot find where anyone has put a '03-'05 2" BL on a '99-'02. I'm looking for details including lifting the bumpers and anything else that may deviate from the '03-'05. I don't want to get into the middle of this and find that I can't finish the job.

Also, what about 2" gap fillers? Just use the 3" ones and trim them?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
For the front you could always try HD inner fenders instead of rigging up those ugly gap fillers. The HD inner fenders should be 2" taller for the built in frame lift, you will have to get verification from one of these guys though

For the rear, I have been thinking about getting the rear inner fenders off of a sport side, I am not 100% positive they will work tho.

These are the P/Ns for the stepper inner fenders, I will post a pic to show you what I am talking about.

LH 15709897
RH 15709898

1 - 20 of 49 Posts