GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need ECM and TCM anyone got it for cheap? Getting a blackbear tune soon and was wondering if anyone had their stock ones from the tune that they wanted to sell to me. thanks

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but i was trying to get a better deal if anyone had any extras that they bought for a tune and then never used them or something. I dont want to spend close to 500 for a tune.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I kept my stock ones after I got my BBear Cable tune, only like 250.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really how did that work?? So you got replacements and kept your stock ones?? for 250

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
really how did that work?? So you got replacements and kept your stock ones?? for 250
no no, I paid whatever for the cable tune. You also place 400 deposit for the Cable itself and 250 or something for the stock units. If you send the the stuff back you are only out the price of the tune. I just sent the cable back so I basically paid another 250 to keep my stock units. I only did this bc I knew I was regearing in a few weeks and I would need an update. Plus Ill be adding a Cam and Headers this summer (hopefully) so another update will be needed. Just alot easier to have two sets. Not for warranty :lol:

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was gonna keep my stock ones for the warranty i heard that the dealers would try anything to get out of that warranty so for 250 is worth it for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
i heard that the dealers would try anything to get out of that warranty so for 250 is worth it for the peace of mind.
They do anything to avoid making money? :think: Its not like it comes out of the dealerships pocket when GM has to pay them to fix your truck.

I know of some dealerships that will let just about anything slide. Unless something keeps happening over and over. Then GM gets more involved and they have to stop.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
They do anything to avoid making money? :think: Its not like it comes out of the dealerships pocket when GM has to pay them to fix your truck.

I know of some dealerships that will let just about anything slide. Unless something keeps happening over and over. Then GM gets more involved and they have to stop.
Id love to find a Dealership like that

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
i was gonna keep my stock ones for the warranty i heard that the dealers would try anything to get out of that warranty so for 250 is worth it for the peace of mind.
I was saying "Not for Warranty" for my situation :crazy:

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that funny im not so sure about that. alot of people are having trouble getting them to replace there seats becuase of the known lint issue just think if it was my engine or tranny they would try to find any possible reason not to cover it and aftermarket tune would defiantly fall under that category.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
that funny im not so sure about that. alot of people are having trouble getting them to replace there seats becuase of the known lint issue just think if it was my engine or tranny they would try to find any possible reason not to cover it and aftermarket tune would defiantly fall under that category.
Thats probably GM trying to avoid replacing seats. The dealership doesnt pay to fix your shit, thats why you can take it to any dealer to get it fixed, gm pays them.

Theres a dealership here that warrantied two engines in a Procharged VHO. They also did work to LiftedLQ9s truck with cam long tubes and converter.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats probably GM trying to avoid replacing seats. The dealership doesnt pay to fix your shit, thats why you can take it to any dealer to get it fixed, gm pays them.

Theres a dealership here that warrantied two engines in a Procharged VHO. They also did work to LiftedLQ9s truck with cam long tubes and converter.
cool

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I can see them not wanting to replace seats. They're a pain in the ass and with all the issues GM is having they're probably pissed that they have to pay out for seats because they "gather lint".....it's a fuckin truck, if it's not greasy and dirty you're not doing it right.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
car-part.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts