GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TBI Supporter
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i'm running straight pipes from factory manifolds and y-pipe with no cats. 3in. to 2, 1/2in. out. my truck sounds amazing as is. not rediculous and raspy, its like a pro stock car when i get on it, and when im playing doing burnouts and standstill or throwing it around it just sounds like it sitting in a wetbox making people wonder what is under the hood. if your wondering it's a fresh 350 block taken .30 over with a mild tourqe cam, and everything new except the factory TBI no flow heads. and mallory distributor. but i was wondering from you guys, what is a good performance exhaust with a deep, but still loud but not too loud sound that makes the guy beside you think twice before he tries to jump off the line? I want headers, mufflers, and then i think dumps.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
all bark... no bite :LOL:

I have Hooker lt's on my 91, and I like 'em. I'd run them, with a 2.25" y-pipe, and a single 3" dumped at the rear axle.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
you put a cam in with swirl port heads?........ewwwww

·
TBI Supporter
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha yea... about longtubes, does the tranny cross member get in the way? i dont want the headers way down low under the truck, i wanna leave room for a drop.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
all bark... no bite :LOL:

I have Hooker lt's on my 91, and I like 'em. I'd run them, with a 2.25" y-pipe, and a single 3" dumped at the rear axle.

:rofl2:

How much of a drop are you wanting?

·
TBI Supporter
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2/4 or 4/6, havent decided how low to go yet. atleast she is level now though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts