GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 96 Sierra and I was just wondering if anybody knew how to take the emblems and the black strips of plastic off the sides of my truck. Please Help Me Out

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Welcome and I think you're going to have some "newer paint" under the moldings compared to the rest of the truck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
white96 said:
What should i do about the newer paint then ? :think:
nothing its just "ghost" badging :anitoof:

:kidding:
the amount of difference will depend on the amount the paint around it has faded....
that depends on the paint colour and how much sunlight it has been exposed to....for example a garage stored truck will usually have less fading than a truck parked in full sun...

How to fix it short of repainting it...I don't know :think:

Oh and I know you guys don't want to hear this but my cousin ( a pro bodyman) showed me how to debadge using a drywall mud knife (you know the thing that you put the mud on the drywall with)...he heats the badge with a heat gun then lines up the knife real careful and zip....off it pops...with just about zero residue left on the truck...we did my whole truck in like 10 minutes...not for the faint of heart though I imagine if you messed up you would scratch your paint...but I didn't

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
josh... debadging is easy... i could show you how to do it... but that would mean i would have to help brett do his too and who would wanna do that? jk brett.. i'll help both of yall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts