GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me start by saying that i have an '04 silvy work truck, power nothing. Shoulda waited and got power, but i didn't want to pass up the truck for the price and mileage... i'm regretting it now.

I got aftermarket power locks with keyless put in and a couple months ago i bought a set of 02 power mirrors and if you saw my thread, you know that i've sanded them down and painted them. A few weeks after i bought the mirrors, i bought a pair of front door wiring harnesses from an '02 'burban. The problem that i've run into is that the 'burban looks like it had puddle lamps, power fold, and all that good stuff as the plug has all 8 slots used where as the mirrors only have 3.

Back to the rest of the problems- i want to upgrade everything so that i have power windows and locks, using OEM quality and looks...

can anyone give me some advice on what to do or look for?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I suggest that also. I did this conversion on my old 98 by pieceing it together and its amazing allt he little things you don't know about till you get in there. If I was to do it again I would get a donor truck.

Or go to a salvage and by donor doors with everything you want and transfer it all to your doors. Then put all yoru stuff in the donor doors and sell it all back to a salvage.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a good idea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts