GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to start looking for sponsors so i can get my interior done, the upholestery is no problem, but the audio is, i dont know shit about audio, honestly, i dont know whats good and what isnt, and to be honest i never paid much attention to it, but to get any attention you gotta have a pretty wild setup, so i need to start hitting up companies, now obviously i cant have mix and match brands in there, so if possible, list companies that do it all, if any like that exist.

so who is the best? it is a 2002 GMC Sierra, gonna replace all the stock components, gonna do some 10's or 12's in a custom center console whatever, i dont know, then probably show the amps off too in something custom.

so anyways, whats the hot brands right now? what companies should i start hitting up?

thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good luck on the sponsorships. My brother actually bought all the stuff for his car then started showing it before getting sponsorships. Most factory sponsored audio stuff is given to people who have spent mucho dinero on audio and been in the scene for a long time before become a sponsored trailer queen. And it helps to know people.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
With a truck like this he might not have that much trouble getting some sponsors.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, we already got cover offers for truckin and sport truck magazine, manufacturers love that shit.

now if we can keep my thread on topic, does anyone want to actually give me the help i nicely asked for? or just more criticizing?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
mikes02 said:
yea, we already got cover offers for truckin and sport truck magazine, manufacturers love that shit.

now if we can keep my thread on topic, does anyone want to actually give me the help i nicely asked for? or just more criticizing?
Probably not with replies like that...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive hit up the local shops, they will help me out with a cheap install, but they are a business, they wont give me much because it doesn't benefit them, companies however get a lot of publicity on the show circuit, but if im down in LA or out of state for a show, a local shop isn't gonna get much attention, so thats how they look at it.

im not really begging for sponsors either, but it would sure be nice, they can all tell me no if they want and ill just spend money locally, but why spend my own money if i can get a huge discount, or better yet. FREE :D

JL doesn't sponsor vehicles, I have written them as well as some of my friends who have nicer stuff than me, and they told them they dont do sponsorships, a lot of companies dont sponsor because they look at it as not really getting anything out of it, you represent their product and all, but they still dont get much out of it.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
therealgeronimo said:
JL, Alpine, and RF build there own show vehicles so they can take them and demo as they wish
that alpine civc si is crazy! center seat and everything... :worship:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Based on what I've seen from truckin magazines is that local guys get sponsored by the mid to lower end equipment, or that guys work through a local shop and then have a company such as Sony help finance some of the equipment. I believe one of the past issues of Truckin had something similar. All I have to say is good luck... :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i wrote up some nice proposals and im starting to send them out so i will have to see how it goes.

most companies want large media exposure, and you get that with a magazine, and since we have a magazine offer it may help pursuade them a little more, but ill have to see.

as far as what im looking for, i dont know, im not good with audio, but obviously i dont want to be representing a shitty company. i just want something good to run in my truck that can be displayed in a custom setup.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
mikes02 said:
what do you guys think of Arc Audio? they any good?
arc audio is one of the best amp companies out there... :read: i used to run their stuff in my truck. I've had like 5 of their amps...

Eclipse is usually pretty good about giving stuff away. My paint guy was sponsored by alphasonik.

I was sponsored by a local shop for awhile. They made me run a sticker, and that was it. For them, they just put everything in my truck at the cost of parts and did the install for free. They threw in little things i didnt really care about at the time, like remote start, windows up and down and the best clifford alarm at the time. My truck sat there and sold product for them, it was tite:rocking: That and i brought them some business b/c people would ask what i was running etc. I've redone some of the things since i had them do it, but for the most part its all there :crazy:

most cool looking "custom" setups usually sound like ass. I've never seen a full fiberglassed box that actually sounded good. Most of them sound pretty weak or not very good. Morgan WIlliamson's truck, his plate is got 8 12s flamed on the cover of sportruck, is loud but sounds worst than a sweaty asshole.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
arc audio is the bomb there up in qaulity

imo companys that do sponserships are the lower level brand stuff that actually need people to rep there stuff

i would say the comapny that gives out the most sponsership's is audiobahn but i personally dont like there equip and wouldnt run it even if it was a sponsership

with that being said i would have to just try to get a shop to sponser your install and get a dicount on equipment

most highend companys dont do sponsers they just build there own stuff to make sure its going to sound the way they want

this is all just my personal experiance with people that i have known that have cover material vehicles

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Downfall said:
arc audio is the bomb there up in qaulity

imo companys that do sponserships are the lower level brand stuff that actually need people to rep there stuff
werd... lightning audio and bazooka seem to give stuff out left and right... but i'd stay clear away from them. IF you can get Arc stuff pretty cheap, go for it. Its prbly one of the better SQ brands out there. and if you can get it cheap... hook a brotha up :evil:

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
Ok, don't listen to these guys. With a truck like that and a cover in the works, you will get anything you want for free. Hit up Audiobahn, they throw stuff at trucks like yurs everyday. And the flame Q is a sick looking sub, since I'm sure you want it to look nice. I have a friend with just a feature in truckin' and he got $3000 worth of stuff from Audiobahn for free, no questions asked. So, yeah, just send some proposals out. Sponsorships are easy when you have something nice and you defenitely have it. Also, try to get to SEMA, that will get you even more sponsorships.
Evan

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
EWogy said:
Ok, don't listen to these guys. With a truck like that and a cover in the works, you will get anything you want for free. Hit up Audiobahn, they throw stuff at trucks like yurs everyday. And the flame Q is a sick looking sub, since I'm sure you want it to look nice. I have a friend with just a feature in truckin' and he got $3000 worth of stuff from Audiobahn for free, no questions asked. So, yeah, just send some proposals out. Sponsorships are easy when you have something nice and you defenitely have it. Also, try to get to SEMA, that will get you even more sponsorships.
Evan

even with a super badass truck i doubt company's like zapco, arc audio, tru tech, focal, image dynamics, RE, etc will give a full sponser (they may hook you up with some better prices)

also like ewogy said hit up sema and see if you can get some companys to sponser you

imo your better off going to CES if you want an system sponser

there's always audiobahn if you dont mind the lack of sq and are more concered with flames on your subs than how they sound :crazy:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
decide who you want to sponsor you, write a letter telling them why you like them and what you could do for them, whos going to shoot it once its done, and who did all the work and whats involved in the truck. Try calling the company up and ask for a # to the local rep or a email addy

·
Registered
639 Posts
so you have custom paint, and wheels and you expect sponsorship? thats only two piece's of the puzzle. PAINT, INTERIOR, WHEELS.

But year you need to start showing your truck more, then when the sponsors come, you can sell off your old stuff to make back the money you spent. But yeah local shops are the best to hit up.

But personaly most sponsors just want too much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im trying to figure out who to write but i dont know much about this stuff, i wrote audiobahn a nice proposal about a week ago via e-mail and i never heard back, i also included several pictures, maybe it takes em a while

i dont know who else to try, all the good local shops in this area wont sponsor, ive been there and done that, they just look at it as them not getting any benefit out of it, which may be true, fresno is a big city, but all the big shows are down south, so i probably wouldnt bring them many customers, and the rest of the shops in town sell a lot of B stock stuff.

ill just have to see how it goes, im gonna write arc audio in the morning and see whats up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts