GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the JBL 600.1 running 1 10" L7 and it hits alright but just dont seem like I got enough power... So I think I may sell my 600.1 and get something else... Dont want to break the bank but want some good power... Any ideas?

Or the other option I have is to just get a new H/U and see if that makes it sound any better since I am running it off the stock H/U right now...

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I'd definitely upgrade to a better deck, the stock one sucks. The funny thing is my friend is running the same setup, and it fucking slams. How big is your box? His hits hard enough to rattle everything in his truck. We added some polyfill to the box too.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yea it does hit good and does alot of shaking shit in the truck... But it seems to be more of a punch then a deep bass... I rather have a deep cleaner bass then something that just rattles the fuck outa stuff... LOL I just dont know if I am under powering it or not. I think I may shoot for the new deck and see how that goes... The box goes from the pass side wall to the console on the drivers side... I want to be able to lean my seat back, but dont care about the passengers...LOL Ill take some pics of it, I just had it covered and got it in the truck a couple days ago...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah I would have to agree, get a new deck. I have a 10" sony xplod sub and 780 watt amp for that sub. Hits good, put in a sony deck and now it hits even harder.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i think your amp if fine. your headunit is not sending alot of signal to your amp. a good deck is a good idea, unless you want to get a line driver which basically increases the volts output of your stock headunit and plugs in to your rca cables right before the amp.. i think most of them are adjustable up to 13 volts, not that u need that much volts.. however line drivers are getting a little harder to find these days

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
if you just want deeper bass, get a 12. But a new HU will definitely help to get ur sub to hit lower. You can't really get that much out of using hi-lo converters on a factory HU.

the stock hu has a low pass filter on it when you turn it up. Basically so everyone doesn't blow up the stock POS speakers.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
some of those stock radios suck with the hi/lo converters, get a new HU

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So with a new H/U and a 12" L5 will that jbl be enough?

I think ill just get a new H/U to start with and see... From the pics does the box look big enough? I didnt really measure it out but I would think it has enough air space...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
So with a new H/U and a 12" L5 will that jbl be enough?

I think ill just get a new H/U to start with and see... From the pics does the box look big enough? I didnt really measure it out but I would think it has enough air space...
the box looks plenty big enough. the reason why i choose solobarics is b/c they love small air spaces...

If you got the 12, the JBL will be fine.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
yeah, my friend ran a 12 L5 off his 600.1 and it pounded. He decided that sitting he wanted the 10 L7 because he wanted it to fit between his seats instead of behind them. Both are good, but the 12 does hit deeper

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
Dont get a Sony headunit unless you get a good service plan. :read: Anything car audio wise made by Sony is a piece of shit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts