GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Moto Metal 18's and Nittos a couple of weeks ago, so I am now running around on stock rims :whyme:

I now just want to keep my truck stock height, but I dont want 20's at all because alot of people that I know all ready have 20's and 285's or 305's on their trucks.

Here are a couple options, I am pretty set on getting Ultra Predators:

1. 22x9 Ultra Predators with a 305/45/22 Toyo Open Country (Roughly a 32" tall tire)

2. 22x9 Ultra Predator with a 285/50/22 Nitto Terra Grappler or a Toyo Open Country (33" tall tire, not sure if I can fit it)

3. 20x10 Predators with a 285/55/20 Nitto or Toyo.

I keep going back and forth. I think 22's and an aggresive tire would look decent, a 305/45 tire has 5.4" of sidewall so it wouldnt look too rubber band-ish :think:

Help me out! I want a new set up by next week! :shake:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Here are pics of the Ultras:

Toyos:

Nittos:

My truck when it had the old rims on it:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard Nittos are pretty soft and wear fast, but they are way cheaper. I'd get 22s just to look like Matt :crazy:
lol Well I had nittos before on my last set. put 20k miles on them in 3 years and stil looked new. So I wouldnt mind getting them again.

The only problem with getting 20's is that everybody and their cousins have them on their chevy truck around here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
22's will not look good on ur truck especially at stock height. 20x10z and nitto's will look awesome.
Yeah if I go that route, I would get some 285/55 Nittos.

*or*

Get a body lift, 20x10's and 33" Nittos? I just cant convince myself to a body lift though :think:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
body lifts suck balls. imo. i would do a 6 cause you can always de crank to 4. save up some dinero for that one instead of the gay bodylift. thats what i think anyways.
I would like a 6" suspension, but its over my budget after having it installed, then the wheels and tires.

I would like to have a different set up some how, thats where the 22's came into play...

·
professional grade
4,214 Posts
I would like a 6" suspension, but its over my budget after having it installed, then the wheels and tires.

I would like to have a different set up some how, thats where the 22's came into play...
i dont think the stock height and 4wd allow 22z to be cool. maybe on a nnbs.

im sure there are enough guys on this site to help u with the lift. if i was in your area id give u a hand.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dont think the stock height and 4wd allow 22z to be cool. maybe on a nnbs.

im sure there are enough guys on this site to help u with the lift. if i was in your area id give u a hand.

I just did some searchin and between a new lift, wheels and tires it's going to be too much :mad: Might have to settle for 20's then with a 285 or 305 Nitto. I make this way to difficult :whyme: :lol:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Conform to everyone around you and get 20s

Or be fucking sweet and roll 17" stockers :bamf:
I feel badass enough rollin around with 16" stocks and 265's :read: :crazy:

I think 20x10's & 285/55 Nittos it is :think:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.