GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how yall doing?

Ok I have a 05 yukon and I am about to order some 28 inch rims. What height lift will I need to clear these and also what I want to know if they will stick out alot like some of the trucks on here or will it sit flush or near flush? Thanks for any input because I am ready to order all my stuff asap.

lug pattern 6 x 139.7
rims offset +15mm
tire size 325/35/28
rim size 28x10

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
I dont normally bash anyone but if have to lift to fit bigger rims come on now stick with some 24s or lower and it will look good, your truck will be a dog with 28s and will ride like chit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well what about doing bigger tires on a truck, I mean I prefer to do bigger rims. More rim less rubber vice versa. Can I please get some info I would really appreciate it thanks.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
what size tire would you even run on a 28"? that would need to be determined in order to know how much lift:read:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
Well what about doing bigger tires on a truck, I mean I prefer to do bigger rims. More rim less rubber vice versa. Can I please get some info I would really appreciate it thanks.
you have a point but your having alot more weight added to the truck with 28s

There is guy in lafayette on this board who had a yukon on 24s and it was perfect.

With 28s you would definitly want to upgrade the brakes and possibly regear

Its all about what you like though,

tHe tire you mentioned is 37 inches tall if the calc I used is correct, you would need a 6 inch suspension lift and maybe a body lift

suspension lifts run about 1000-2000 plus install which is 500-800

Tires also cost over 1000 a piece in this size, you would end up spending 7,000 minus the wheels with tires,brakes,lift

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THanks man I am from lafayette also, I have 26 inch rims on my yukon now, but I want bigger . I have upgraded brakes already so Im set on that for now

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
doesnt cognito and full throttle make a decent suspension lift for the tahoe/yukon? 7-9"?

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,654 Posts
God hates you.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Katrina relief checks must be in. :imo

1 - 20 of 56 Posts