GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into replacing my ignition wires.....is this something that is worth it....and if so what brand should i run...i have a 2002 ecsb 5.3L chevy if that helps.....also is the underdrive pully a good mod...i was looking and you can get if for like $25...and lastly i know i have posted shit about the e-fans....but i noticed some guys talk about the LT1 fans.....are those a good mod, and if so how much are they...

thanks alll

josh :gmfs: :cheers:

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
wires to put on are the msd 8.5 superconduct wires. they are a direct replacement and work good. put an asp under drive on it. i haven't seen them for $25.00 any where. there more in the $180.00 range. ls1 or lt1 fans will work. noticible in throttle responce and the engine spinning up a little quicker. all good mods to do and well worth it i think

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot man...im going to look into them a little more....

·
Registered
21 Posts
post up for fans on Camaro/firebird sites, I got 2 sets for under $75 plus shipping on www.camaroz28.com

Gerry

·
Banned
164 Posts
I changed my stock wires with the 8.5 MSD and the only thing I noticed was a smoother idle.
Of course, I changed the plugs too after 60k miles, so that probably helped with the smoother idle as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Someone told me that the plugs/wires that comw with the newer silverados have a lifetime warrinty an wont were out for over 10 years or some shit like that. Does any one know if that shit is true.

·
Registered
308 Posts
the plugs are platinum tip plugs which are supposedly good for 100,000, also making the wires good for that duration. honestly i wouldn't run them that long at least without checking them. i have NGK iridium plugs, i threw out the delco factory ones a few months back, i noticed a hair bit better gas mileage, but i had to hook up on the plugs from a friend so it was worth it. as for wires, i have Taylor custom fit wires, they are very nice awesome blue color with good quality boots on them. now if i could only find someone who made a new distributor for the NBS 4.3s i'd have the ideal ignition system. i got a msd box (6a) on the way as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts