GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to compensate even more... For suspension I currently have the RC 7.5" lift. I want more lift. Fabtech seems like the only logical thing right now even though all i hear is problems with tre's and such with them.

Are the fabtech knuckles taller then the RC knuckles? If they are the same height in theory all I would need is a fabtech subframe and drop brackets for the differential?

I plan on getting coilovers instead of the clusterfuck fabtech has.

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
my spindle measures out to be 18 inches, but if you are going for about 10 inches of lift may consider GMR UCAs

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
All of that work, only to gain about 2.5" inches. Doesn't seem worth the hassle..:shrug:

·
Ultra Mega Bro
642 Posts
I dunno if half an inch would be worth it. To me it would be either body lift, cognito, fts, or go all out and SAS that hoe!

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
I dunno if half an inch would be worth it. To me it would be either body lift, cognito, fts, or go all out and SAS that hoe!
you gain more than half an inch, your diff drops like 2 more inches for the same angles but at 10 inches.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
10-12" cognito :imo

·
Fender Measurements?
21,153 Posts
Bulletproof or Cognito is really your only choices.

you're an inch over me w/ the BL. I still have 3" i can claim if i ever get a BL. :pepper:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
whatever you do, you need to run 44's and send your tires and wheels to Texas. Ok fine ill buy them, sheesh :D

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you gain more than half an inch, your diff drops like 2 more inches for the same angles but at 10 inches.
:word:
does he already have a spacer in it right now? i know he has a bodylift
i have a 1" spacer in, and the body lift
10-12" cognito :imo
:hahano: fuck cocknito

Bulletproof or Cognito is really your only choices.

you're an inch over me w/ the BL. I still have 3" i can claim if i ever get a BL. :pepper:
i'm still thinking coilovers and a fabtech subframe would be cheaper then a bulletproof?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Your front end would be completely fucked if you just added Fabtech crossmembers :imo You just need to get their whole kit and sell yours.

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
Don't wanna do cognito anyways. You wouldn't be able to run the wheel/tire setup ya got now. If it was me and money wasn't a big issue I would get the 12" bulletproof.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
are you stepping up in tire size or are you doing this for more clearance for your tire/wheel set-up? if its more clearance for your tires then I'd say do the fabtech, but if you want a noticable difference in height, look into a bigger kit alltogether like FTS, bulletproof or cognito.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts