GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a f-cking deer late last night coming home after a big labor day party/celebration. It was a little after 1:00 this morning when it happened, was a fair sized doe that came running out of the ditch on the left side right in front of me and I didn't see it in time to either swerve or slow down enough. Was able to get on the brakes and the horn, but I believe when I did hit it I was going around 50-55 at least.

This would be my second time hitting a deer...last time wasn't as bad as this but basically took out the same stuff as this time. Luckily I didn't get any sheet metal with this one. But I do have another bumper that came off of a suburban, my stock turn signals, and a billet bowtie that can and will be put on.

Pics in a minute...Also got some new pictures I snapped Friday morning.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Took these on a trail out in a sunflower field a few miles away from home. Thought it was cool. Pickup was a little dirty.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bullbars? Not on this one. Planning on trading it for a NNBS this fall. Kinda thinking a full replacement bumper on that thing maybe.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
damn, she fucked your shit up. that sucks man, glad we dont gotta worry about them here

·
Registered
530 Posts
That sucks man good it didnt get sheet meatle. I hope i never hit a deer. I see them all the time when i go fishing or camping or just driveing down the roads on the edge of town. Come winter i always see elk and a rare moose if i hit one of those its over for my truck im sure. But anyways where did u get ur shackles u have hanging off the from bumper horns?

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol: Rick!

But anyways where did u get ur shackles u have hanging off the from bumper horns?
Got them from a local semi truck/trailer supply store and then made my own brackets to bolt into the original tow hook holes. Fuck! I realize now I'll have to do a shit load more trimming on the new plastic piece beacause of those and the body lift. I'm afraid of what kind of condition the B.L. bumper brackets are in.

Also, didn't mention this either (probably shouldn't be saying it either) but when I hit the deer in went right underneath me and ran it right the F over, killed it for sure. Soo, after I got done looking things over and picking up some pieces off the road, got in, put it in reverse, put it to the floor, lined up on the deer with the right tire and ran it over again....oh man I was pissed off!

·
Registered
530 Posts
:lol: Rick!

Got them from a local semi truck/trailer supply store and then made my own brackets to bolt into the original tow hook holes.

By any chance do u have any pics of the brackets u fabed up and how they fit in there. Sorry for thread jacking. Good for u backing up and running it over agin i would have. hell good chance i would have called my buddy so he could cut up the good meat he hits deer all the time and takes it home and cleans it.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya no prob. I can't remember if I had any pics of the brackets or not. If not I can take some and I'll PM them to ya.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya no prob. I can't remember if I had any pics of the brackets or not. If not I can take some and I'll PM them to ya.
Good deal thanks alot man iv been looking for ways to fill the holes i had to cut after my body lift and i dont really want just the everyday hooks everyone has. Sorry agian about thread jacking

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
That sucks man. I hope I never have to deal with hitting one.

What do you want your new truck to be? Chev, GMC, 1500, 2500??

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get any pics of the deer?
No pics...was down that road today in my Dad's pickup and seen the deer still laying on the side of the road all bloated up.

What do you want your new truck to be? Chev, GMC, 1500, 2500??
Hoping to get a NNBS 1500 and another ECSB, a crew would be ok, but I don't really care for the short, short boxes. Would love to get a V-Max.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts