GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I made a thread about this before, but after this weekend I pretty much have to know what color flames I want. I need help, examples, input, pictures, whatever you guys have. The truck will have the same 2003 stock blue as a basecoat. thanks for all input :evillol:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I like the truck in the banner too. I think it'd look bad ass. What colors are you considering?

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
:word: on the silver ghost flames. :rocking:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
silver... over done...

now the vandeman MIC sierra was siiiic. what kindof flames are you gonna go with? I think a dark green and a layer of lighter green would look tite.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2k1slvrdo said:
silver... over done...

now the vandeman MIC sierra was siiiic. what kindof flames are you gonna go with? I think a dark green and a layer of lighter green would look tite.
what's vandeman? website to vandeman?

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts

This is the one he is talking about I am sure. I would go with a dark blue and a bright neon green. Do not do ghost flames man, not worth it. Go big and do a full flame job. Its gonna be a full custom show truck that I'm sure you will want on the cover of a mag and ghost flames won't cut it. I hated my ghost flames, so there's some first hand experience for you. If I ever own another flamed truck it will have insane flames with airbrushing and 3 layers of flames. I think thats the only way to go.
Evan

·
Registered
275 Posts
I gotta go w/ the ghost flames... Best kinda paintjob in my opinion... it's subtle, and wild at the same time...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sevenfold said:
green won't look good with blue, in my opinion. silver would be cool :head: :rocking:
:word: I would go with ghost flames personally, but if you want something else, silver would be tight faded to white towards the tips. :rocking:

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts

Here are a couple pics of my truck with flames. The first two pics were after I had them pinstriped. The last pic was when they were just ghost flames. I was never happy with them and would only go with a full flame job if I were you. A dark blue and a bright green with the flames layered and airbrushed would be sick.
Evan

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
jesse james = the man. Every car that he owns is sick. I acually met the guy who paints all of jesse's personal cars at World of Wheels 2003 up here in Boston. me and my friend spent a good 15 minutes talkin about cars and stuff with him.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
err i don't like the killer paint guy... all of his work looks the same. And it reminds me alot of Auto Art by the Kid. The kid did some awesome work when he first came out, but it seems he can't do to much more than flames like that...

But, green metallic flames on ur truck would look badass though :rocking: Like the borla expedition would be aweome

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
err i don't like the killer paint guy... all of his work looks the same. And it reminds me alot of Auto Art by the Kid. The kid did some awesome work when he first came out, but it seems he can't do to much more than flames like that...
they all look the same cause they look like they are really on fire :worship: ... if you can do that kind of work, that is ALL you need to do, cause someone will want it ... I'd have it done in a second if I could. Burn Baby Burn :flame:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bcubed said:
they all look the same cause they look like they are really on fire :worship: ... if you can do that kind of work, that is ALL you need to do, cause someone will want it ... I'd have it done in a second if I could. Burn Baby Burn :flame:
this is gonna be so hard :bawl:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
BTW, that blue truck with blue and green flames wasnt Van Demon. Those flames were done by the owner of the truck, Mike Sutton, who works for Enduratex. Shortly after that magazine cover was shot for Street Trucks, he blasted the paint off, and redid the whole truck. This is the truck as it sits now:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts