GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from L.A. and took my rims and tires over to have them mounted and balanced. came back after dropping them off only to find out that all 4 rims were scratched :flame: !! im soo FU(KING pissed!!! the rims haven't even seen my truck yet. so im making the wheel shop ship them back to intro to have them fixed and then shipped up to me in WA. there's another 1-2 weeks without rims. i'll post pics later of them.

oh.. also got my truck back from the body shop, front valence, door handles, roll pan painted and tailgate shaved. thats about the only good out of the day

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I hear of this kinda shit happening all the time on 20s, 22s, the big ol rims...some tire places just dont have the right equipment to do the job right...and a lot of times this ends up in scratched rims...sorry to hear it happened to you too, grounded had that happen too a week or so ago...looks like intro will have to redo quite a few brand new rims...

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Damn that sucks to hear of what happen to your rims. I might be going with some Intro's pretty soon and I hope they don't get messed up when I get the tires put on.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wheels bro!

Let us know what shop you went to so we can avoid it. Theres a right tool for everything, and shops that dont use it are just cutting corners and shouldnt be used. Heres to hoping they go out of business. :pissed:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
I talked to the shop today and yelled at the guy and told him that hes an idiot for scratching all 4. Once you mess up 1 or 2, just stop. He is paying for the full repair and I will have them repaired in 1 day and sent back out immediately to droppedgmc.

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here are the rims the night after picking them up
the pics of all the scratches did not turn out that great but i got a couple.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
atleast there billet and can simply be buffed out... If they were chrome, they'd be done

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Sweet rims...sorry that the shop fucked them up for you.

Be sure to snap some pics for us when you get them back :bowtie:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
For iForged info go to www.iforged.com and then you can ask me about pricing. I sell iForged stuff too.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Nice! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
droppedgmc said:
here are the rims the night after picking them up
the pics of all the scratches did not turn out that great but i got a couple.
damn those are nice bro. can't wait until im able to get mine. i want the regular vistas in 20/22.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I feel your pain bro, I had the clear coat fucked up on both my 22s. So I'm still waiting for my wheels because a "Tire profesional" didn't know what he was doing. Didn't even have the wheels for 24 hrs.. Your right though, Bryan is the man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts