GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit tired of my head unit, so I am thinking of getting this Pioneer DEH-P9600MP

63891896DEH-P9600MP_open_closed_large2.jpg

I am in need of a better unit! I'll probably get this or MAYBE (probably not) the Alpine 9835 but I don't really like the Alpine look... one or the other is hopefully gonna come this weekend!!! :crazy:
-Justin

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my firend has the none color version of that headunit, and he loves it. I think crutchfield is having a sale on the alpine phantom face units... thoose are pertty badass too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
lol if you want mine, i wouldn't mind testing out the alpine, I think it's a pretty sweet head unit, gives you lots of options and such to work with the sound and the imaging is nice to have every now and then, not a pop up screen but still gets people when they don't know what it can do

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
A friend of mine has this one:pioneer DEH-P8600MP
h130dehp860-f.jpg

And loves it! It's same thing basically as the one you posted but without the motorized flap thing.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I have the DEH-P4600MP, way way more basic and i love it...i wish i had the money for a $500 H/U, but i don't. i would def go with the pioneer tho, i love pioneers personally just cuz of the looks and the quality, even tho alpine has some really good quality too...

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Yeah I like that one too! Big ole knob! It's different though. I might get that one or that other one I posted.
Yeah, I want that one, but I might just get the 7600. I was messing with the 8600 yesterday at best buy and I like it a lot, just too much for my broke ass :crazy:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah yeah yeah I know Alpine has some quality, but I don't think I can hang with a 2004 head unit when I saw the same looking thing in 1994. :wtf:

That DEH-MP8 is cool, but I'd rather go with the P960MP.. it's more my style.. The DEH-P960MP is the same thing I posted above except for the "Premier" one. I don't get that whole thing with Pioneer and Premier. :shrug: Anyways, the only difference between the Premier and the Pioneer is the Premier has 99 folders for Mp3s (instead of 9), more RCA preouts and voltage, plus a 2 year warranty instead of 1 year. [Comparison here]

So you guys hear good things about the pioneer, eh? I am going to get it for $400-$460 installed I believe. Hopefully I can get it as a birthday present.. :naughty:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice.. hopefully they have it at the Audio store cause if anything ever happens they will just replace it. Plus no shipping... but we'll see...

Btw, on Monday I got rid of my 10" JL W6 subs and got a new box with 2 12" Alpine type R's. :naughty: I like the 12's a lot better.. and I got this for free so don't think I'm insane! :insane: :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts