GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 5.3L Silv. Stepside Shortbed ( The Garage Queen - 2050 Miles )
---
Okay -- Mods -- 80MM BBK Throtle Body (Not Worth It)
4.10 Gears (From 3.73) Posi -- Dynatech LT Headers
Corsa Touring Catback -- K&N 77 Intake
Corvette Servo -- Caltrac Bars -- Jet 180 Degree Stat.
Anything else without going inside ??? Don't have the talent to do a cam
Thanx!!!:hmm:

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
how about efans, underdrive pulley, 180* stat

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OKAY !! -- How much of a Pain in the Butt ?? Do I have to go to a bigger radiater ?? -- Do I need a bigger alternator?? I hear they draw a lot o amps -- Got no idea -- But you know Men and their Toys -- I'll go for it
THANX!!

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
for the efans you can use ls1 or lt1 fans you can get a custom tune to have the fans turn on at certain temps, you can have an auxillary switch which is the easiest, or you can have run a little box thingy(yes thats the name j/K) that will turn them on at certain temps.

No you don't need a bigger radiator unless you want 05-up truck fans. The ls1/lt1 fans will work fine. No you don't need a bigger alternator unless you have a big sound system then it wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
spray that bish...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
a custom tune :read:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Tuning will be last -- Don't wanna do that until ALL the goodies are on
Don't know aything about Spayin the Bish But A Little cautious about that part

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Do the larger alt, your charging system will thank you.

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Seems like you got everything bolt on as of now except for the Efans..Like someone mentioned, it is probably easiest to get LS1 or LT1 fans out of you camaro or trans am. I got my 01 LS1 fans off ebay for $60 they dont pull that many amps but when they kick on, you'll notice. On my stock thermostat, they lowered the temp by 15 degreze and freed up about 12-17 hp from you stock clutch fan that pulls power off the motor to spin.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, I have LS1 efans and when the truck is idling and you turn a fan on it hits around 22 amps then drops to about 16-17 amps steady. I might get a bigger alternator, I have a 900 watt amp for my sub's, and my truck kinda struggles when the fan kicks on. Its probably not needed but like hitman said your charging system will thank you.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
cam/e-fans/stall/then if not happy....Spray....then a custom tune.

i'm in the process of doing the same thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts