GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basically, I want my truck to sit at least as high as a leveled z71 and still use factory gmc rims. I can't go too higher as I still need to be able to get into certain parking garages.

What is it going to take to get there? I've searched around, but there is no definite answer. I know Rough Country makes a 3" spindle kit with a 1.5" block for the rear.

Here is where she sits now:

This is how I want it to look:

1045268_640.gif

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
1.5" spacer and the 3" spindles should get you there....I'm guessing your fenders are at about 33-34" most leveled z71's sit around 39-40 with tires. I would do a 2" or 3" block out back Z71's come with 2" block stock

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.5" spacer and the 3" spindles should get you there....I'm guessing your fenders are at about 33-34" most leveled z71's sit around 39-40 with tires. I would do a 2" or 3" block out back Z71's come with 2" block stock
Thats what I was thinking. I could probably find some take-off lift blocks on the cheap. What are we looking at as far as tire size?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I am running some 275 65 R20 on my denali (same as Z71) with an aal and a leveling kit...its a 34" x 11" tire. You could get away with a 33x12.5, 285's, 305's, you have lots of options as long as you stay under 34" and under 12-13" wide you should be fine... on your stock wheels and it should look pretty good. My dad has the same truck...year color sle everything...I keep telling him I am going to have it sitting the same height as mine one of these days he doesn't want any part of it lol...he uses it for work so he says the taller it is the higher I have to lift tools materials into it....like I said earlier. I am at 39.5" up front with those tires...Keep looking on the for sale section guys sell their stock 2" blocks all the time...2" block might not be high enough but it all depends on the look you are after. what are your fender measurements now?

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm probably gonna get the 3" spindles from rough country and some 2" take-off blocks and go from there. Gotta find a deal on another set of rims and tires and shocks, and talk myself out of buying this m1009 blazer a friend's got for sale.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
MindlessDeviant's truck

3" lift spindles
2" block in the rear
285/70/17
125.gif

122.gif

126.gif

·
Registered
31 Posts
get a 4" spindle and a 2" block then u'll be level. Suspension Max sells a 4" spindle 2" block kit I cant recall the price but its only a little more than the rough country kit.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Refer to www.fullsizechevy.com? Maybe they can help you get that huge lift your looking for?
:big_banana_Dance:

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not going big because i dont see the point in putting a big lift on a 2wd truck....buzz off

Im doing this because i want the extra ground clearance.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
get a 4" spindle and a 2" block then u'll be level. Suspension Max sells a 4" spindle 2" block kit I cant recall the price but its only a little more than the rough country kit.
Springtech, and those don't allow the use of factory rims.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
3" spindle, 1.5" coil spacer, 3" block, 285/70R17s :imo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Springtech, and those don't allow the use of factory rims.
they don't allow the use of 16" stock rims....but the 17's will clear fine with a 1/2" spacer. Thats what I'm running on my truck. I'm got a 4" spindle,2" spacer up front and a 4" block in the back. Sits level with 40.5" fender measurements. Sits a little higher than a z71.

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now that i've decided on a lift, the true dilema begins.

285/70/17 or 285/75/16 and what tire? Good ole BFG ATs or try something new?

·
Registered
31 Posts
now that i've decided on a lift, the true dilema begins.

285/70/17 or 285/75/16 and what tire? Good ole BFG ATs or try something new? Silent Armors?
What lift did u decide on?

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm getting a deal that is almost too good to pass up on the RC kit - 3" spindles, 2" blocks, nitro 9000 shocks. We'll see how the shocks are, if they aren't too bad I'll hang on to them but they're probably gonna get replaced with something else.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
Heres my truck with springtech spindle and three inch block...on weak 265's with plenty of room for 33's...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
bfg's run small they are a good tire but run small. so i would venture to say something like a 315/70 17 in a bfg all terrain would be the same size as most 285 70 17. with that said i love my maxxis buckshots but if you dont need the traction stick with an all terrain like the bfg or a nitto terra grappler in a 285 70 17

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
bfg's run small they are a good tire but run small. so i would venture to say something like a 315/70 17 in a bfg all terrain would be the same size as most 285 70 17. with that said i love my maxxis buckshots but if you dont need the traction stick with an all terrain like the bfg or a nitto terra grappler in a 285 70 17[/QUOTE

There is no way a 315/70 17 will fit on a 2wd with only a 3" spindle without being stuffed. I have a 7" Pro Comp lift on my 2wd with BFG A/T 315/70 17 and I feel stuffed. Had to trim the valance and the front fender.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
bfg's run small they are a good tire but run small. so i would venture to say something like a 315/70 17 in a bfg all terrain would be the same size as most 285 70 17. with that said i love my maxxis buckshots but if you dont need the traction stick with an all terrain like the bfg or a nitto terra grappler in a 285 70 17
There is no way a 315/70 17 will fit on a 2wd with only a 3" spindle without being stuffed. I have a 7" Pro Comp lift on my 2wd with BFG A/T 315/70 17 and I feel stuffed. Had to trim the valance and the front fender.
Missed the 2wd part sorry also you have aftermarket wheels, how wide are they?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts