GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
duecephoto.jpg

LOL That's my new office vehicle. 10 tons of steel goodness. Top speed of 55MPH, 10 wheels, and one hell of a turbod diesel/gas engine. Able to climb almost anything IMO. :rocking:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
is that really yours how much did you pay?

Any special taxes on military vehicles

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that really yours how much did you pay?

Any special taxes on military vehicles
No the office still owns that one. But it has been assigned to me to work on, and drive. They are hella cheap to buy personally though. A guy in our club just picked one up for $2200, and there is another one for sale inside of the club for $5500 OBO with a newly built engine, and tranny and another brand new engine still in the crate. Here in Arizona you register it as a private, non-comercial, classic vehicle and you don't get slapped with any taxes, or outragous registration fees. You just can't use it to haul goods on a regular basis. Insurance is pure liabity because nothing is going to hurt it, and runs about $50-$200 a year on it depending on how many miles you want to drive it. I'm looking for one right now to pick up and add to my collection though. But it's much nicer to let someone else pay for the fuel and parts right now than have to do it myself.:read:

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Farva LOL I'll have to sneek a photo of one of our training officers. He looks just like Farva. One day he was having a really bad day, and we were paying for it. After we got back in from running, he passed out a test and as he was leaving he told us to "knock off the shenanigans." I started laughing, and we went back outside for another mile. I wasn't very popular that week.

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Friend of mine has a military vehicle like that and uses it to haul his trees he cuts down. Says it great on insurance, sucks on gas

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This one isn't too bad. It gets about 9-10 MPG, I think my silverado only gets 12 or 13 LOL. Just the nice part is that you fill it up with diesel, and start getting low on fuel later you can either put normal gasoline into it, or more diesel. I think that is the coolest part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts