GMC Truck Forum banner

I think my Throttle body is sticking?

504 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TLKurtz 
#1 ·
I cleaned my Throttle body today and now when I let my vehicle idle in gear it accelerates faster like 10 miles per hour without touching the gas pedal. And when I accelerate to about 40 MPH and let go of the gas, it doesnt really drop in speed it stays kinda like cruise control is on, than when I put on the brakes it will start to slow down. Its an 03 Yukon, with the electronic throttle body! Could it be sticking from the cleaner, I have some 3-In-One Multi Purpose oil, should I use it on the throttle dody plate? If so where should I place it on there!

#4 ·
Take it back apart, re-check everything, and make sure you clean the throttle opening and throttle plate real well with carb cleaner. Do this with the vehicle off, and make sure you soak up any excess carb cleaner (those blue paper towels work well for this). Make sure there are no paper towel remnants stuck between the throttle plate and the opening either. When you are done cleaning it, work the throttle plate back and forth a few times to make sure it moves freely and smooth. You should be good after that. -TK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.