GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in the "Portland Snowstorm" of January 16. Had to get to the airport at 7am.

[yt]zMzeiMJQrvk[/yt]

After seeing this, I'm even more impressed with the BFG A/Ts in snow. I was in some hills similar to these (actually took a twisty road through the hills to get to the airport), and it was quite icy. These tires rule.

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized, the second one is a Honda Insight (Edit: no, it's a Toyota Penis) with those "low rolling resistance" tires. Stupid hippies.

Edit: one more realizaiton....the last one is a 5-series BMW. Stability control FTW.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
fuckin eh BFG at's rule on the snow/ice/highway If they didnt look so ugly in a 35 I'd have them on all the time

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
That's crazy. I'm glad I live in a place with a mild climate.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i was laughin my ass off as soon as i saw that first vehicle pretty much crash into everything, ROFL.

got any more vids like this? i could use the entertainment..

Dave

·
TEAM WHITE
1,190 Posts
yeah that first vehicle was in some serious bad shape after hitting everything around them. Also, I was waiting for that fire truck to go sliding sideways and clear out the road.

·
GMFS ember
713 Posts
thats gotta be like the 10th time ive seen that video and i laugh my ass off everytime. that first guy was like punching the gas too. i mean i can understand if coasting or giving a little gas works but that guy sounded like he was about to redline the bitch. hahaha.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
wtf was that first driver doing? ive never driven on extremly icy roads... but SHE must have tried to do that.

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wtf was that first driver doing? ive never driven on extremly icy roads... but SHE must have tried to do that.
The roads that go off the top of the screen are downhill. As far as I can tell she's trying to do everything possible to avoid going down the hill and just panics.

SilveradoHD said:
Also, I was waiting for that fire truck to go sliding sideways and clear out the road.
They tried! Check out the second vid I just posted...there's two piled up against it.

BTW, part of the problem with all these vids is portland has A LOT of socal transplants (myself included, though I learned to drive in IL). A lot of these people aren't very good in snow.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
those ppl are retarded. I laughed the during the whole video. Sucks for those ppl who had their cars parked on the side of the road

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Haha what a bunch of idiot drivers. Aren't some Wranglers only 2wd though? I could be wrong but I thought I remembered that. Either way, why don't these people at least have chains on?

Makes for great internet clips though!:rofl2:

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha what a bunch of idiot drivers. Aren't some Wranglers only 2wd though? I could be wrong but I thought I remembered that. Either way, why don't these people at least have chains on?

Makes for great internet clips though!:rofl2:
I think all Wranglers are 4wd. Might have been broken, but I bet anything the problem was between the seat and the steering wheel. Only 2wd proper "Jeep" I know of are the mail ones.

Edit: looks like the 07+ (four door version) are now available in 2wd. WTF?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts