GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say it over and over again, I love the P2 RFs! I finally had to replace one (properly installed)yesterday. It wasnt blown, just the wire from the input to the cone kinda fell off. Its like it had been pinched and it messed up the wire.and the solder didnt hold, I dont know. Anyway the guy wanted to replace both with the P3s, against my advice, so i plugged the other good P2 into a wallsocket. That bitch took it like a champ asking for more! It bounced around the table like dildo on high for around 45 seconds until it smoked and I unplugged it. We had a bad , probably dropped, P3 out of the box I wanted to blow-up before we sent it back. I plugged it in, it jumped around for about 15 seconds and shot sparks out of it and froze up the cone!
Best part was the P2 was still playing when I unplugged it and the cone was free as a bird still !
BTW the other one I had to replace wasnt hooked up right at all. Both 8 ohm subs on the right channel of a RF 6002 ,seriesed out, gains maxed, knob maxed, bass maxed, sub out on the radio maxed out, loudness on high, and he wondered why it sounded so bad! Plus he had the fuse for the power wire in the back , in the truck next to the amp, and the wire was about 1 1/2" from hitting the header!

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im just glad it wasnt mine

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
what an Idiot! :nono:

·
Registered
277 Posts
scott, yall havent had any of them come back yet with the surround coming loose. Weve had quite a few come back where the paint they used to paint the basket came off with the surround.

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no but I have had like 3 P3s come out the box with the glue broke loose on the magnet to basket like maybe they were dropped
where do you work Metz?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Audio Visions in port allen been there for 7 years. Ive had a couple fail where the paint peels off and the surround is still glued but to the paint.

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never heard of either one

·
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im still waittting for a day so I can measure out my hatch in my Blazer so I can see if 6 P2 12" 8 ohms will fit. I wanna have 2 5002s running them, a 4004 on my highs and a 3002 for midbass drivers in my doors. Still trying to decide on the Kenwood or RF seperates. Ive heard both and the Kenwoods kill the RFs but I dont wanna add another manufacturer to the truck. The seperates will be in the kicks and the Orion midbass drivers in the doors right next to them. I have some Cerwin Vega coaxials for the rear doors and for a panel in the hatch in front of the tailgate for sound while at shows. But its noway near finished and Ill probably have the remake that panel as I no longer have a full Cerwin Vega system like before. It was 3 12" Vegas before but I might use thos in the FS instead, I just need money!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts