GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a Belltech 2/3 spindle kit for premium ride vehicles (air ride or 3" heavy duty rear shocks) part#3909. It drives very close to stock unlike torsion key kits which are rougher riding. The kit I have includes spindles, shock extenders, and rear 3" lowering springs. It only took me and a friend about 2hrs to install it in my garage. That or the Mcgaughys kit are the kits I would look into.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to relocate the rear sway bar?I have read that you have to on a Tahoe if you go lower than 2 inches in the rear.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I don't think you need to relocate the swaybar until you go lower than 3 inches. I had to do it on mine when I dropped it 5". The DJM kit came with a hardware kit for the pinion angle change and new swaybar endlinks for the sway bar.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did you have to relocate the rear sway bar?I have read that you have to on a Tahoe if you go lower than 2 inches in the rear.

No, you sure don't. The 2/3 lowering kits are very simple install too..

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked at the Belltech kit on the Stylin Concepts website that Mr. Klean mentioned and I think Im gonna go that route.Every Belltech product that I have ever bought has been dead on correct.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I run the factory 16 inch wheels with the Belltech kit until I get my 20's ordered?

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
I have been looking into dropping my truck too, which kit is better McGaughy's or Belltech? Also, what is difference between drop spindle kits and key/spring kits performance wise? I have had Eibach kits on almost every other car I've owned and I see they have a kit for my truck. Is theirs just terrible? I dont mind a little stiffer ride, but not too harsh

·
Registered
327 Posts
Can I run the factory 16 inch wheels with the Belltech kit until I get my 20's ordered?
No, 17" or bigger with the spindle kits..

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have been looking into dropping my truck too, which kit is better McGaughy's or Belltech? Also, what is difference between drop spindle kits and key/spring kits performance wise? I have had Eibach kits on almost every other car I've owned and I see they have a kit for my truck. Is theirs just terrible? I dont mind a little stiffer ride, but not too harsh
I really don't think there is really a difference in the kits other than Mcgaughy's has been producing the spindle kit for a while longer. I haven't owned a truck with the torsion keys but I have a couple of friends that said they regreted buying them because of the rougher ride. I just know mine is very close to stock in the way it drives..

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your helpful advice Mr. Klean.That's the reason I joined this forum.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
I put the McGaughy's deluxe 2/3 drop on my 01 Tahoe 2WD. Rides great! Install was very easy (only took about 4 hours, but did it by myself) and it comes with everything you need, spindles, coils, shock extenders and hardware.....I bought my kit from this guy on ebay, it'll run you $475 shipped and he'll also do tech support over the phone if you need help installing it. Tim is a great guy and if I ever need anything McGaughy's ever again I'll see him first...

Ebay Link

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
I put the McGaughy's deluxe 2/3 drop on my 01 Tahoe 2WD. Rides great! Install was very easy (only took about 4 hours, but did it by myself) and it comes with everything you need, spindles, coils, shock extenders and hardware.....I bought my kit from this guy on ebay, it'll run you $475 shipped and he'll also do tech support over the phone if you need help installing it. Tim is a great guy and if I ever need anything McGaughy's ever again I'll see him first...

Ebay Link
Got some pics of your Tahoe?

·
Registered
327 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts