GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the torsion bars maxed out on my Rancho right now, or atleast as far as I want to go, the CV angles are a bit steep. Its just sitting level right now. Could I take a leaf outta the back or get a smaller block to lower the ass end a little bit. All the trucks around here sit with the front end atleast 2" lower than the back, I wanna be ass backwards. :anitoof: :ninja:

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
You coulld do that...I guess if you really wanted to, heh.

Like you said, either slap in some new smaller blocks, or get rid of a leaf. I would personally go with the smaller block If i was doing this. Or you could just be real lazy about it and throw your quad or something in the back.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you take out leafs, your compromising alot. Your going to see increased axle wrap, and the truck will be much more softly sprung (obviously). The best bet is just to put different blocks in. Just taking out a few leafs will put you at far greater risk. Ever drive a real old pickup that has been worked to death all its life on the highway and has weak suspension? Same idea here...the truck will be far less predictable.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My quad has a tendency of putting dents into my bed, I'm lucky I haven't shattered my back glass yet. :anitoof: I think I've got a 4" block and an add-a-leaf in there now. Can I get like a 3" block, maybe even a 2?

·
Registered
48 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
just leave it i think it looks good now :shrug:
Ah fuck that, drop that shit :head:

Just get a smaller block in the back and you'll be good to go.

Cali Style :idiot: Forward Rake

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If you really want to, just put a 3" block in. You dont want to take a leaf out, it will soften your pack and promote axle wrap. The shorter block would help get rid o fthe wrap.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
ass up dude :head2: nothing like the look of slamming on your brakes all the time :LOL:

jk of course. roll cali style :rocking:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Around here 99% of all trucks sit higher in the front-end than the back-end. The other 1% probably sits level. After my lift was installed about a month ago mine ended up a little lower in the back-end than I really wanted. I probably have a 3 inch drop, so I'll probably raise the back-end an inch and that should be about where I want it. I'll probably check on an 1" taller block, but I don't want to lower the front-end because I have it like I want it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i dont know why anyone with a lift would want to go lower?!?!

I also dont understand why anyone would want to roll cali style either...i :nono:

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Shift said:
I wanna ride Cali Style...

What the hell are you smoking??? :slap:

I think ass-down looks stupid, and so does ass-up, if its too far up. I like trucks to sit perfectly level. :rocking:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Grant said:
What the hell are you smoking??? :slap:

I think ass-down looks stupid, and so does ass-up, if its too far up. I like trucks to sit perfectly level. :rocking:
:word: Level is where its at! :head:

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
I would leave it because if you ever pull a trailer or put a big load in the back it will drop that much more. If you do lower the rear put a 3 inch block but dont pull a leaf. :bowtie:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I need 1 3" block...Not to get the front end higher, but because the right rear of my truck sits higher than the left. I wouldn't really care if it didnt cause the front left to dip down.

Maybe I should just trim 1/2"-1" off the block?

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
ok without tryin to come off as a dick, i absolutly hate this trend and anyone who intentionally wants to lift there truck "cali style" is a friggin poser. yes, anyone who lifts their truck higher in the front "thinks" it's a "prerunner"...but even the term prerunner isn't used right, because the term prerunner describes a truck or buggie used to pre-run a desert race. the only reason most real desert truck sit higher in the front is due to the fact that when a good suspension runs about 10k for the front and about the same for the rear. since most people can't afford to just drop 20+ thousand dollars at once they do it in stages....one of the first stages is lifting the front since they sit so low stock. i live and cali and my truck sits level and it always will. like i said i'm not trying to be a dick there is just alot of misinformation flying around and i'm trying to fix it by informing people. if u guys are into desert trucks and want some good info i sugest u check out another site i hang out on www.desertrides.com

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
not at all...everyone is entitled to an opinion and i respect that. the way i offroad is across the desert at high speeds. my cousins love rock crawling the have jeeps and stuff.....little too low speed for my taste but the carnage is cool. a lot of people like to ride trails and mud bog and i respect that.....what i don't like is posers who are misinformed. i'm am trying to fix this by spreading correct information.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts