GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is selling his streetable rock crawler. He's been telling me that he's going to sell it for like 2 years and he finally put it up for sale. I've had my eye on it forever. I want it, but I dunno if I "need" it. It's a little out of my price range. Some of you guys like Toyotas, so I figured I'd post a few pics...

http://fresno.craigslist.org/car/289736244.html

cut1.gif

rubithon02.gif

StudyGuides416.gif

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
his price is way too high IMO.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
yea, nice rig, just too much dough

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. I think it cost him a lot to do the engine swap, so he's trying to get some of that money back.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
nice truck but to much $
a truck like that up here is ~6K cdn
if it had 5.29's with f/r lockers,winch,crawler gears ,$8400 would be reasonable

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
definately a cool truck...but after looking at it again, its definately not a 8000$ truck. A lot of the swaps are common and relatively cheap (4.3 TBI swap isn't THAT expensive, and 63 rear swap is dirt cheap, just a lil labor involved). Cool truck, but i don't think he is gonna even get 5 for it too easily...

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That is a cool looking truck, but it's priced too high as said above.

My buddy has been looking into getting a late 80s SFA'd Yota for about the past month, and has found several with front and rear lockers, new drivelines, twin cases, roll cages, 63s, hi-steer, and front and rear bumpers for under $5,000. And that is all in the Bay Area/Sacramento craigslist. Just for a price comparison.

It def is a nice looking rig, though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
definately a cool truck...but after looking at it again, its definately not a 8000$ truck. A lot of the swaps are common and relatively cheap (4.3 TBI swap isn't THAT expensive, and 63 rear swap is dirt cheap, just a lil labor involved). Cool truck, but i don't think he is gonna even get 5 for it too easily...
agreed :head:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
IMO, its not that outrageous on the price, more than i could care to spend on one right now but they are getting more and more rare everyday, runners are in high demand especially out here in CA where its all about rocks.

looks like a nice rig all around and its got a lot of good stuff on it, i dont doubt that he could get close to that (not what hes asking, but thats why you ask high).

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Somebody in Louisisana would pay that. Stock 4cy 93 ish models go for 6k here. Thats not too bad considering what he has. Mostly it would have to be somone who wants to go wheel and not build. Yeah if you add labor to the cost its worth it. But most of us who are capable will not sheel out that cash cauz we can build it to our taste.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Make an offer. if he declines it oh well. The diffs need to be geared though. It will rawl nicely with doublers, but DD duties need to be better. go 5.29.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Damn, 3k TOPS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts