GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i was talkin to my cuz and he said while he was at work (autozone) he seen a guy wit a truck just like my 04 sierra ext cab lowered on 20z he told me he ask the guy how he lowered it and he said he took out one leaf spring, but i was like wouldnt that ride rough as hell then yesterday i was wit my dad and we seen a truck like his 84 silvy lowered and the guy said the same thing took out leaf spring. would anyone rec. that to lower cuz i hav mine level now and lookin to go 2/4 would i get the 4 in the back wit the leaf out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
many people take their bottom overload leaf out. Some say they don't notice a difference and some say they do. It's a cheap way to get 3/4 of an inch drop. Just don't even think about towing anything without it in.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
you can take a leaf out, but you will have less payload and itll ride different. You might lose an inch or so by doing this, only because the leaf is a half inch thick or thereabouts, and the rear packs aren't supporting that much weight as it sits.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang that low i might need to take out my bottom one to get a 4 inch since i hav the 2in dp shackles already

·
Registered
264 Posts
That was one of the hardest posts to read ever.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
got my middle out..the dude that had it before me took it out..it rides like shit. definately go with a shackle hanger kit and springs in the front. you'll be way more satisfied.

·
99Z71 For Sale
745 Posts
on my 91 mazda i put 3" blocks in the rear and took out the 2 middle leaf springs =) it was badass...rode like ass but i loved it...i miss that truck =(

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
I go back and forth removing some of mine.

Right now I have 3 inlcuding an Overload. The longest leaf, and the second longest, with the overload.

Its a very easy process for a drop. Yes, you could spend a couple hundred bucks for drop leafs for the same thing. But I would rather do it for free. And I dont see it as cutting any corners. I already have a great setup for the front.

I have Beltech 3" Drop Springs and 3" Drop Spindles for the front. Along with Beltech Drop Hangers in the back.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Please, respect the language a little bit. It looks to be that you are a native to America so you should no how to type/write in English. I would understand not capitalizing but geez that was hard to read.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
Please, respect the language a little bit. It looks to be that you are a native to America so you should no how to type/write in English. I would understand not capitalizing but geez that was hard to read.
correct your own shit first:read:

:nono:

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
i've had lowered trucks before, spend the money to do it right. don't half ass it. lowering kits aren't crap compared to lift kits as far as costs go.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Taking out the overload is a bad idea because you'll lose a lot of payload and you'll also end up with axle wrap. Take out any of the middle leafs before the overload if you go that route.

·
Putting things in places
102 Posts
I did a 2/3 drop on my truck, it has the Z85 soft ride suspension and it sucks. Can't put anything in the bed w/o bouncing off the cut down bumpstops. I haven't noticed any axle wrap, have a tuned pcm and Transgo shift kit, chirps 2nd easily. The worse part about it is the body roll in corners, I'm trying to find some sway bars to correct it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dont be an as*hole. do it right. there are only two leaves besides the overload, removing one will load the others the wrong way and eventually fail you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts