GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a regular cab and bench set. I am planning on redoing the entire interior white and want to keep the bench seat, but am unsure on a box. This doesn't leave me a lot of room behind the seat. I can't put the box in a cab-through because this will still be a daily driver and will haul things. I have (2) MA Audio 12" Subs and (1) MA Audio 1600w 6 channel amp that measures 10" x 23" in size. If anyone has any ideas for a box let me know. Or should I just put buckets and a fiberglass console/box in it?

·
Burning Rubber
993 Posts
nmcustoms said:
I have a regular cab and bench set. I am planning on redoing the entire interior white and want to keep the bench seat, but am unsure on a box. This doesn't leave me a lot of room behind the seat. I can't put the box in a cab-through because this will still be a daily driver and will haul things. I have (2) MA Audio 12" Subs and (1) MA Audio 1600w 6 channel amp that measures 10" x 23" in size. If anyone has any ideas for a box let me know. Or should I just put buckets and a fiberglass console/box in it?

I have a reg cab NBS and I am mid way through my box project. I am fiberglassing the whole front of the box and using 3/4" mdf for the frame. I am putting two Boston Pro 12's behind my 40/20/40 bench. I already removed the center seat for a console to go in there. The box will probably be painted to match the truck.

The box provides sufficient air space for the subs and I didn't loose too much comfort as far as moving the seat foward. (2 or 3 clicks for a pair of 1000 watt 12's isnt bad at all, and I'm 6'3")

I'll have pics of the box progress soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris99GMC said:
I have a reg cab NBS and I am mid way through my box project. I am fiberglassing the whole front of the box and using 3/4" mdf for the frame. I am putting two Boston Pro 12's behind my 40/20/40 bench. I already removed the center seat for a console to go in there. The box will probably be painted to match the truck.

That's kind of what I was thinking about doing for a box. And I am only 5' 10" so comfort isn't a big deal. Where are you going to mount your amp? I am thinking about flush mounting it in the box. I have flush mounted to same amp into the back of a (2) 12" car box and it looked pretty sharp. Thanks for the help.

·
Burning Rubber
993 Posts
nmcustoms said:
Chris99GMC said:

That's kind of what I was thinking about doing for a box. And I am only 5' 10" so comfort isn't a big deal. Where are you going to mount your amp? I am thinking about flush mounting it in the box. I have flush mounted to same amp into the back of a (2) 12" car box and it looked pretty sharp. Thanks for the help.
i have 3 amps. they are all going directly across the top of the box. I will probably fiberglass that piece too later on, but I mounted the ampsto the stock piece well enough for now, so its fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts