GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys when it comes to the stereos and systems and all that good stuff I'm just about worth-less. So, I was hoping you guys could help me trick out my truck or throw some ideas at me.
Heres what i was thinking I have a reg cab 03 with stock/base stero equipment and the dealer told me if I want to put in top of the line delco cd player( the 6 disks xm unit, from ebay) it would work but some mods would have to be done at a stero shop. Now I dont know if I should stay stock with the deck or go after market. I know if I go after market I can do some subs, but the stero shop said the can add subs with stock unit but it wouldnt bump to hard but would bump. I know I want to replace the door speakers and the pillar speakers and maybe some 10's or 12's in the back so I can really feel it.
Well tell me what you guys think is the best set up for the buck. Any info will help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
man the top of the line delco cant compare to an midline eclipse or alpine headunit.

another thing better about aftermarket heads is you can get all kinda extra's that the delco doesnt have ex. eq's , mulitple preamp's (RCA), better looking display...

two tens would be good for a single cab truck

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
tuckin22 said:
man the top of the line delco cant compare to an midline eclipse or alpine headunit.

another thing better about aftermarket heads is you can get all kinda extra's that the delco doesnt have ex. eq's , mulitple preamp's (RCA), better looking display...

two tens would be good for a single cab truck
low end eclipse is better than delco electronics. And you won't be happy with the way it sounds. the factory head units retard the bass levels as you turn you ur radio, so you don't blow out your speakers. Basically, if you try bumping with a stock unit, you won't get any bass at all.

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah man my parents have a 04 suburban....and it is fully loaded with the nicest stereo that chevy comes with, and ill give it credit for a stock deck it sounds good...but thats for a stock deck....my pioneer 8400mp blows it the hell out of the water....

what i did was run the aftermarket pioneer deck and i left the stock speakers cause they sound pretty good with an aftermarket deck, and im running 2 10s...i think thats the best way to start...and i should have my door speakers tomorrow, and ill have them installed soon after...

but the delco head units are fucking expensive...and you can get a much better single cd aftermarket deck and probably a cd changer if thats what your looking for, for the same price....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
low end eclipse is better than delco electronics. And you won't be happy with the way it sounds. the factory head units retard the bass levels as you turn you ur radio, so you don't blow out your speakers. Basically, if you try bumping with a stock unit, you won't get any bass at all.
:word: my bad i meant to put bottom line eclipse and alpine

hell bottom line of just about anything aftermarket will be better than delco

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
I'm running 12's in my reg. cab, but I'm a short shit and didn't mind losing legroom. All I gotta say is Dynamat is your friend...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so get a new head unit, got it. Does anyone know what it takes to put a new aftermarket head unit in? I heard you had to have some kind of transistor to make it work in the 03+ trucks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You just need a Data Bus aftermarket stereo connector, they are like 75$ though, a local shop should have one or be able to order one for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts