GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 sierra denali and I want to change the look of it. This is how it looks now. I just found this pic on google but mine is the same. I already have a 2" leveling kit in the front with no problems from vibration.

After the new year I'm putting on 20x10 moto metal 970 with 33" and adding 1.5 body lift to clear. I love this look.

What can I do to change the front on the cheap for now. I'm planning on color matching the whole front end at some point.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this truck and I looks like they plastic dipped all the chrome up front. I was thinking I could do it different and just plastic dip the center mesh black and leave the chrome ring there. Then change the gmc emblem out to a brush aluminum or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
save your money and do it right platidip looks terrible

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
plasti dip look good from a distance.. but anything less than 10ft away, or in the right sunlight you can tell does not completely match... good alternative if youre trying to save money tho

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I've been reading up on it some. I'm just going to try and color match the bottom chrome piece myself and if it turns out alright I'll do the bigger one myself. If not I'll just strip it back down and take it to a painter anyway.

Just scuff really good, etching primer, 2 base coats, 2 clear coats. Make sure I use gloves so I don't get any fish eye's!!!! I think that should get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts