GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy in town just bought a yellow bagged 95 chevy reg cab and he thinks it's the shit he thinks the engine is the best thing in the world which is a stock 350 with flows. The sad thing is that this guy isn't a teenager, he's in his 30's and should know better.
The truck came out of a junkyard and had bullet holes in it and it was sitting on an 88 frame. It has shaved handles, shaved tailgate handle, 17" eagles (2 are bent), some of the 1/4 panel under the passenger side door isn't painted and is still red, got the good ol' woodgrain interior, has ART bag setup, but it was done in 99 and has all 1/4" airline with one 5 ga. tank and compressor which literally takes forever to get up. The owner didn't want to spend money on a billet engine kit so he got to thinking and went to Wal-Mart and bought him some aluminum paint and painted everything he could, yeah looks good let me tell ya bout it. It has 124,000 miles on it. This guy paid $9,000 for this truck, why would someone wanna pay that much when he could get a truck in alot better shape with close to the same mods that looks better for the same amount? Oh I forgot to mention that after it was completed the guy hit a dear had the truck fixed and 3 weeks later hit another. Then he drove it all through the winter and in Muhlenberg County they lay down the salt thick...
The guy now has a BIG Tweetie Bird as the passenger :nono:
I dunno I just saw him in it again today and sometimes I just think "Why"

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Yeah, but you cant dog him, it might be the first half decent truck the guys had. If he is just being a dick about it, then just ignore him.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Dude, there's always gonna be dicks. Just blow him off and let him think what he wants.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
"And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry, my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away
"

:head:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
At least he has pride of ownership...thats gotta be worth something :) I agree with what Will said, just let him be and let him keep thinking his truck is the nicest around :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys please don't think I'm an asshole or a dick here all I'm saying is that he gave way too much for it, kinda like going out and buying a new base model S-10 that has a sticker of 11K and giving them 14K. You'd just have to live in my county I guess I could tell some fucked up stories. There's an S-10 around here that some 17 yr old has that was just fully repainted and it looks like it was painted in 1990 (judging by the paint scheme) and put in a garage for 13 years then brought out.

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Doesn't everyone think that their own truck is the shit? Seems like you know a little too much about his truck.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think my truck is badass, it's a truck and I like it thats all there is to it. I know this about the truck cause my friend used to be good friends with the guy that originally built it and he's told me all about it.

"And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry, my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away"
I got that on CD
JOHN PRINE RULES lol

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
My truck is the shit! :anitoof: But seriously, if I counted all the people I know that overpayed for a peice of shit, well, itd be a lot. :nono: :anitoof:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Worry less about what everyone else is doing and just focus on what you want. There will always be people that act that way....just let him think what he wants....

Cameron

·
Banned
10 Posts
Man you seem to worry about other people A LOT....

Can't you just drive your truck in peace without getting "vowed to be taken down" and "challenged" :nono:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Y2kSierra

I don't worry about everyone as much as it may seem. I just get bored sometimes and wanna start a conversation about something to get everyones opinions on it. All I was trying to say that why would someone pay 9k for something that only is valued at around 2k. I don't want to bring him down any or anything like that or tell him he spent too much money on it. Sorry if I've given anyone the wrong impressions about what I posted or myself.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
way2hi said:
Thanks Y2kSierra

I don't worry about everyone as much as it may seem. I just get bored sometimes and wanna start a conversation about something to get everyones opinions on it. All I was trying to say that why would someone pay 9k for something that only is valued at around 2k. I don't want to bring him down any or anything like that or tell him he spent too much money on it. Sorry if I've given anyone the wrong impressions about what I posted or myself.
Just hope you can find a sucker like him that will pay 7k over what your truck is worth when you sell it. :anitoof:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
:LOL: Excellent point....

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At 1st I thought you said that you hope I can find someone that would give me 7k for mine. I had it sold back in November for $21,500, but the guy could only get $20,500 so I didn't sell it to him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts