GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a bagged 1989 Silverado 5.0 305
its still under construction
well the other day i got her to turn on so i reversed it outta the garage i wash her down because i was wet sanding getting it ready for paint an i was bout to drive it back in i got a little happy an smashed on the gas .. i had forgot that the battery was just resting on the a-arm an it fell in a watter puddle the truck stayd on i paniced turned off the truck pulled out the battery wiped it down hooked it back up rested it once again on the a-arm but no crank no lights nada....the battery has enough volts i used a tester an it read out correctly..the battery is a optima red top..if anybody has any idea wat could of happend let me knw thatnx..ill post up pics of my lil project in a bit

·
\m/
19 Posts
Wow that sucks man!

First thought, even though you probably already checked, did you blow fuses?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know what happened. you hit the gas and slung the battery off!

you said you can't turn the lights on. check the battery cables and make sure you didn't rip either one of them loose. the truck can stay running without the battery because the alternator takes over much of the electrical demands of the truck.

you didn't blow the computer. stop being a moron. the truck was running till you turned it off AFTER the "tragic event" of the battery falling. If the computer had blown, that would have shut down the truck instantly.

only explanation for this is a blown fuse or a disconnected battery cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
to add to my previous post... also make sure your battery cables aren't corroded and crap on the inside of the insulation.

I can guarantee you there is not a single problem with the ECM. by breaking connection with the battery, the truck will still run, but as soon as its turned off, it will not crank because the starter uses the battery to turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts