GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i DONT think i would ever install hangers/shackles again. i got a call from the dealership i traded my truck into today. they were pissed off about the way the stock hangers were bolted back on the frame :LOL: the papers are all said and done, so i guess there isnt much they can do, they knew it was lowered when they appraised it, they tried to tell me my truck wasnt worth what they gave me for it :insane: over a stupid set of hangers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thats gay........ there is really no diference between the bolts that are holding them on now versus the heat press rivits that were in there except that the bolts cost a hell of alot more than the rivit and that you can remove them if you want....... tell the idiots to "go pound sand in their a$$".

Tony....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
:head: i love it when i hear of dealerships thinking they got screwed over... that made my day

i hate fucking stealerships, bastids were probally trying to get more money out of you...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
haha its still not going to make enough of a difference to be a worry.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
DemoN said:
There is a decent structural allowable difference between standard bolts and heat pressed rivets...but either is going to be much stronger then the application requires. but it's the changing from rivets to bolts that is the problem. removal of those rivets requires the installation of the next size higher bolts when installing into the same location, mean you should also bore up a size. most hanger kits do not use this practice.
Thanks Engineer:anitoof:

Shitty josh! :guns:

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Josh said:
i DONT think i would ever install hangers/shackles again. i got a call from the dealership i traded my truck into today. they were pissed off about the way the stock hangers were bolted back on the frame :LOL: the papers are all said and done, so i guess there isnt much they can do, they knew it was lowered when they appraised it, they tried to tell me my truck wasnt worth what they gave me for it :insane: over a stupid set of hangers.

That's cause they didn't install it .... it's always done wrong unless you get the "approved" GM aftermarket kits. :crazy:

.... and we all know where those kits come from. :LOL:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
so i guess the dealership would hate that my truck is bagged... oh well :crazy:

the dealership bitches over the dumbest things, even if they are GM parts. I am having an ignition problem right now, and for some reason they are blaming my air bags and escalade gauges for it. As far as i know the 2 have nothing to do with each other...

·
6,656 Posts
O wait I read things wrong. No if the bolt isnt big enough for the hole then yeah, but I always use the rigth size bolt to fit the hole and drill out the smaller of the 2 holes to make them the same. I just read back over that and I look retarded now. Its been a bad morning, what can I say.

·
6,656 Posts
DemoN said:
i'm a smart mofo, right? :D

say it:read:

:LOL:
haha not THAT smart thuogh, because after callign DJM I found out that the sway bar isnt suposed to be flipped - so yours is on upside down DOOD. :crazy:

You are totally right about the bolts though.

·
6,656 Posts
yaeh I asked if the swaybar went over or under the tie rod. You said you flipped yours and put it over. The "by the book" way is over and not flipping it. Im just giving ya a hadr time though, flipping it wont hurt anything.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I had a faulty alarm a while ago. The fuckers..er dealership told me that my electric fans were the fault. I asked them if they work on actual vehicles much. They asked me why and I told them because they obviously don't know what the fuck they are doing. I ended up fixing it myself. Stupid dealerships.

Though, I have had good luck with my dad's 04 f150. If you ever go to the dark side, go to South Way Ford in San Antonio. Good guys down there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The dealership is just bitching cause when they go to resell the car they have to divuldge that information and may have to warrant it somewhat.

They are reall just covering their own ass, but they can't do anything about it since it is all finalized.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I should have told them:

"HA!, you are complaining about the rivets on the suspension... you should have seen what i did to the engine and tranny before you bought it back from me"

don't let them give you a hard time, cuz they can't do shit

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
01GMC said:
That's cause they didn't install it .... it's always done wrong unless you get the "approved" GM aftermarket kits. :crazy:

.... and we all know where those kits come from. :LOL:
AIM???

·
Registered
639 Posts
Dealerships just want to make you feel bad and take more of your money. The sad truth is they will probly sell that truck of yours for more money than they paid you for anyways.

If the deal was signed and done, and they called me to complain about something I would have said "Hows that my problem?" and "time is money and your costing me some, goodbye"

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
atomoverride said:
The sad truth is they will probly sell that truck of yours for more money than they paid you for anyways.
They always make money on the used cars...if they didn't...why would they bother taking them?

I've read alot of times they make MORE off the used vehicle than the new one they just sold.

I'd honestly really like to know how much dealerships make per unit...i bet it would be shocking :shocked:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I do think they make more off used cars than new ones...my friends dad is like one of the tops cars salesmen in the southeast, and could go to any dealership in Augusta, but he works w/ used cars...cuz they make more money for him...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, i had to drill the stock hangers out to 1/2", and i used 1/2" bolts. they were bitching cause they asked me to take the drop kit off, i did, i was missing the bottom part of the hangers that go to the bottom part of the frame. im not paying for new ones. fuck it. that and my exhaust doesnt go over the axle, they bitched cause it was dumped before the axle.(which is still legal in TX as long as its 6" past the back of the cab) and they bitched cause my bumper is still too low in the front from the HD swap. they are asking me to find the HD grill and bumper cap to throw back on. i hate this shit! i might be nice, and throw the HD shit back on. thats as far as i will go.. too bad

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
They always make money on the used cars...if they didn't...why would they bother taking them?

I've read alot of times they make MORE off the used vehicle than the new one they just sold.

I'd honestly really like to know how much dealerships make per unit...i bet it would be shocking :shocked:
Most vehicles they make around 2-3000 profit...usually MORE. This does not apply to luxury vehicles where they make even MORE.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Josh said:
well, i had to drill the stock hangers out to 1/2", and i used 1/2" bolts. they were bitching cause they asked me to take the drop kit off, i did, i was missing the bottom part of the hangers that go to the bottom part of the frame. im not paying for new ones. fuck it. that and my exhaust doesnt go over the axle, they bitched cause it was dumped before the axle.(which is still legal in TX as long as its 6" past the back of the cab) and they bitched cause my bumper is still too low in the front from the HD swap. they are asking me to find the HD grill and bumper cap to throw back on. i hate this shit! i might be nice, and throw the HD shit back on. thats as far as i will go.. too bad
I wouldn't give em shit dooooood. Did you finance thru the dealership...if not...fuck em...they fucked you and you didn't even know it...they usually do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts