GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there needs to be step added to the install directions. I installed new keys and couldn't believe how bad the truck rode. Almost to the point I was going to take them off. Well today I disconnected the shocks and was going to install spacers on the bottom. Well to my suprise, when I disconnected the shock the truck raised up about a 1/2 an inch. The truck was being held down by the shocks. So in closing I think when installing keys you should take the top nut off of the shocks just to make sure you are not topping out the shock when craking the new keys.

Now with the added spacers the truck rides like it did when I first bought it, like a cadilac. Thats with keys, 3inch block, and 315s. Truck sits at 43 in the front and 43 1/2 in the back. Also the CV angles look real good, and NO RUBBING at all! :worship:

I love my truck again! :bowtie:

Thanks,
Chris D.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Post some new pics truck, I'm interested to see how it looks now. How do you like the rake? I think a 4" block would have had a bit too much

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only sits about 1/2 inch higher in the back. Really can't even tell. The truck is dirty as shit but give me sec and I will take a couple of pics.

Later,
Chris D.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
CD01Z71 said:
It only sits about 1/2 inch higher in the back. Really can't even tell. The truck is dirty as shit but give me sec and I will take a couple of pics.

Later,
Chris D.
No rush on the pics, get them when its clean or whatever :head:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DSC00533.jpg

I will take some bette pics during the day and with it cleaned up.

Well I checked and the front settled a little bit less then an inch in the front. I geuss I will crank a little more tomorrow.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If you read the whole tech article it does mention that your shocks may not be long enough depending on how much you crank, ill amke it more clear though. Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dark. I just thought it would be safer to just disconnect them while cranking. Considering its only two nuts and to not have to worry about it later on down the road.

Thanks again,
Chris D.

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
I'm a bit lost. I know on my old 96 i just used a socket to crank the bars. What kind of keys do you have to have? How much are they? One of my friends got keys for his and told me something about em, but i didn't think he knew what he was talkin about. So, how much are they? where do i get them? How long is the install? Where could i get rear blocks from? Sorry i'm so ignorant. Jake

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
jdrake19 said:
I'm a bit lost. I know on my old 96 i just used a socket to crank the bars. What kind of keys do you have to have? How much are they? One of my friends got keys for his and told me something about em, but i didn't think he knew what he was talkin about. So, how much are they? where do i get them? How long is the install? Where could i get rear blocks from? Sorry i'm so ignorant. Jake
Read the tech article, it explains all. and more. :crazy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts