GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick backstory:

Had to run to the local home improvement store this past weekend. Stopped to get gas when I was leaving, and the station had one of the drive-thru washes that so many of them have. As I filled up and was driving away, I couldn't help but notice the somewhat startling condition of the brushes in the wash bay:

A3378432-CB91-46ED-9956-201FC3A6BD32_zpskiwrmxqv.jpg

Of course, the first thought that crossed my mind, and I'm sure the same as all of you, was "STAY AWAY!!!"

However, I have some prototype goods at home that need some testing. Because of this, I made a sacrifice for the greater good, and $8, much gnashing of teeth, and about 90 seconds of tears later, here is what my paint looked like in the bright sun later that day:

BBC0D6D4-8177-4293-906C-8C849E76C5F9_zps6tcgy1x2.jpg

And the following morning in different light:

07788A1C-7065-4357-BC8C-A823CC382A3A_zpsl5xrdpaz.jpg

B170AE9A-5FCF-4CF5-BD35-B52E9EB07039_zpspgeaxp8k.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, my paint was not perfect before hand, but I'd say 95%+. Since the last correction, I've done 2 2-bucket washes and 3 Rinseless Washes on it. Being black, there was a light amount of wash damage that could be seen. However, the amount of damage that this single wash inflicted upon it was pretty shocking, wouldn't you agree?!?

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Any before pictures?

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
You can see the hood in the first pic

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Thing is, probably 80% of people are OK with the pictures you just posted.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
I use car washes all the time... but only to screw things up so I have a canvas to test products on ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Drive thru car washes all winter.......paint correction in the spring. I'm going to do it anyway, might as well have a clean truck a few times during the salt season. Then again now that I got rid of the black TBSS and have a silver fullsize it maybe gets washed 4 times all winter just to get the salt off and I have been known to handwash my car in the driveway when the temps are just above freezing.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
I got one for ya nick!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Got pressure washer at work i use couple times winter to get salt off truck will never see touchless car wash.... Used to bitch at the ex when she would go through one with her car....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts