GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run 38.5s or 40s on my 88 Sierra but I want to stay away from the common 6" suspension 3" body lift, next May I'm done with college and want to lift my truck and I will hopefully have a job as a mechanic at a dealership. I was wondering were I could get a 10" or so IFS lift for a K1500, I have searched and the only company I could find is MIA now,Whiplash Suspension, who else make that big of a lift with out going to a solid axle. I want to run some 38.5" Swamper Bogger idealy but 39.5" Boggers would be fine too.

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Be ready to replace alot of parts... The IFS is not meant to run the big tires... I personally have one, it looks cool, but isn't practical really... In my opinion, I have the best "big" IFS lift made for the OBS and have had no issues at all with the lift, but wheel bearings and ball joints, well that's another story. I started off with 38.5/15.5/15 , then went to a 37/14.5/15, now I am wanting to drop down to a 35/14.5 .... Something to think about....

Jason

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
You asking this for the reason I think your asking this? :hmm:
I wouldn't mind getting a 12". The only problem is, i'd have to get some high angle driveline joints going that high. Right now i'm pushing it with a 9" lift in the rear. The driveline is at a crazy angle.

And my fox shocks will be too short :(

And i'd want 22 on 35's then i'd have to regear for sure. Too much money to do all that.

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
i must say, i love the OBS.. if i could get my hands on a real nice 4WD OBS i would be stoked.

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a 12". The only problem is, i'd have to get some high angle driveline joints going that high. Right now i'm pushing it with a 9" lift in the rear. The driveline is at a crazy angle.

And my fox shocks will be too short :(

And i'd want 22 on 35's then i'd have to regear for sure. Too much money to do all that.
Yeah, that's understandable, I plan on doing a 4-6" RCX probably next summer with 20x10's and 33's because I can't afford to regear right now. I don't know what I would do if I go bigger later, just get a 2" body lift or take that 6" off and get a 9.5" or 12" Full Throttle and run 38x15.50's or 37x13.50's. I'm not a fan of body lifts, especially on OBS trucks is why I would consider a FTS lift for it seeing as how that's the next best option.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Yeah, that's understandable, I plan on doing a 4-6" RCX probably next summer with 20x10's and 33's because I can't afford to regear right now. I don't know what I would do if I go bigger later, just get a 2" body lift or take that 6" off and get a 9.5" or 12" Full Throttle and run 38x15.50's or 37x13.50's. I'm not a fan of body lifts, especially on OBS trucks is why I would consider a FTS lift for it seeing as how that's the next best option.
Yeah i don't like body lifts. Thats why i would just buy a 12" suspension.

Only body lift that was nice was on jon's NNBS sierra. I couldn't really tell it had one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts